In an attempt to avoid boring my readers with details about my upcoming "stitch," I merely mentioned that I'd be going in for that on Wednesday. What I failed to realize is that I have several readers who were not around for my first FET and have no idea what I'm talking about. For that, I apologize. Please know that you didn't miss a post; I just didn't write much about it this go around. Here's the scoop:
I posted about this here and here, but I'll sum it up for you in case you want a quick version. There's not exactly an easy path to my cervix, apparently. Therefore, my RE felt it wise to put in what they call at stitch before transfer. This is a procedure where she inserts a speculum to find a good view of my cervix (once that's done, it's not too difficult for the doctor). Then, she cleans the tip of the cervix and puts in a stitch on each side (?) to be able to leave some suture material. That allows the doctor performing the transfer to use the strings as a guide to "straighten things out" (sort of like puppet strings, if you will) if necessary so that the catheter gets in the proper position to make sure our embryos go where they are supposed to. It's not as bad as it sounds, really. It just stings for a minute and is only slightly uncomfortable. I've encountered several procedures that caused more discomfort.
I had big plans to do the trigger myself yesterday morning, but I chickened out. Luckily, J (my HERO) came to my rescue. He said I was brave enough to take the shot. (Even though I felt like a total coward.) It hurt a little and there is a small bruise on my belly. My red badge of courage, I guess.
Now, I've got to go catch up on school work from the days I missed last week. And go to the grocery. Have a great weekend, all!
Hugs and love,
Saturday, September 17, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)









1 comments:
Holy cow! I have never heard of that! Well, maybe when they swabbed it to clean it, they also put something on there to numb it. I am glad it isn't too painful. I am so excited for you Angie. You will be in my prayers.
Post a Comment