Friday, September 23, 2011

PUPO, Take #3

I attempted to sleep in this morning since we didn't have to be at the clinic's surgery center until 10:45, but around 6:30 I woke up with butterflies in my tummy.  Today was the day.  I stared at the ceiling for about 10 minutes, then I gave up and got up.  I took Jax out, then showered.  After J got ready, we headed on out around 8:00.  He took me to get my favorite pancakes for breakfast -- Cinna Stax pancakes at I.H.O.P. 

We were still really early, so we popped in at Tar.get so he could get some cheap earbuds for his phone to keep himself occupied while I was resting for an hour post-transfer.  Then, we headed on over to NFC.  They called us right back and we drssed for the occasion.  The nurse took my vital signs, I signed the consent form, she went over the discharge instructions, and I popped my Val.ium.  There were 2 of them this time instead of just one.  Not really sure why, but they told me to go ahead and take them both.

Next, the OR nurse came in to go over pretty much the same information.  But I didn't have any questions.  This wasn't my first rodeo, after all.  Then came the embryologist with pictures.  They only had to thaw 2 this time (as opposed to 3 last time).  She said that they looked great--pretty much identical to how they looked when they were vitrified.  They maintained their grade A and grade B statuses.  (Last FET, the "A" embryo was downgraded to a "B" upon thawing.)  This also means we have 4 remaining in storage.

Dr. W (my own RE) would be performing the transfer (I hadn't had her for that before, but at least no new people would be seeing my hoo-ha), but she was running a bit behind in the clinic as it wasn't her "day" to do transfers.  She was covering for a different doctor.  That's okay.  I came to get my babies and I wasn't leaving without them.  So, J settled in to listen to some tunes on his phone and I relaxed under the blanket. 

Other than a quick speculum change (she needed a longer one), Dr. W had me out of the OR in about 15 minutes, but not before confirming that the stitch sure came in handy (I was glad to hear that it wasn't done in vain).  After laying perfectly still for about an hour back in my "room" I was allowed to go potty and go home.  I napped some on the way home, and J made 2 quick stops for gas and we picked up a take and bake pizza for dinner (we just skipped lunch altogether). 

I'm feeling pretty good...just tired.  Dr. W confirmed that upon a positive pg test, I'll start Lov.enox injections.  So now, we wait.  First beta is 10/3.  Look for lots of random posts between now and then as I attempt to not overanalyze things and dwell on what I can't control.

Hugs and love,

4 comments:

E and R said...

Sending many prayers that you get a positive test on 10/3!!!

Krista said...

Crossing all fingers and toes for you Ang!!!!! You deserve this girl!!

Jessica Anne said...

Thats great they only had to thaw two!! Take it easy this weekend and let those babies settle in! =)

Erin said...

Sending you lots of good vibes!