Monday, September 12, 2011

Why I Blog

Today, a fellow blogger wrote about why she blogs.  I've been thinking a lot about this lately, and I thought I'd chime in here.  So, why do I blog?  The simple answer is so I don't forget.  While I wouldn't wish the pain of IF on my worst enemy (although, as a teacher I do come in contact with people I think should not be allowed to procreate), I pray that I WILL make it to the other side some day; when that time comes, I don't want to forget how I felt on this side of things.  Because others will still be here.  And they will need some support from people who understand.

Too many times, people get what they want and forget their journey to get it.  (Please, don't anyone take this personally...I'm speaking in very general terms here because I have seen it happen.)  I've even done it myself.  It seems like I've had a "rough" journey to all of the good things in my life.  I was convinced I'd be alone forever because I didn't know where to go to meet someone.  I'm not exactly what you'd call a social butterfly, so this did not come naturally for me.  Don't get me wrong--I'm not too shy once I know you, but I'm not very assertive, either.  Anyway, my point is, once I found J and we got married, I sort of just forgot what it was like to be lonely.  Not completely, of course, but I was content with my life and felt that all was right with the world. 

I don't ever want to forget the things I've gone through--physically and emotionally.  I want to be that rock for somebody else going through the same (or similar) things I faced myself.  I've met some incredible ladies in the blogosphere, and without their support and virtual hugs, I don't know how I'd have gotten through some of my darkest days.  I blog so I can give back.  Perhaps someone can gain something from my experiences.  In many cases (since we don't actually "know" each other), it's all I have to give. 

Why do you blog?

1 comments:

Jessica Anne said...

I agree that its important to remember the good and the bad of the whole IF journey. Sometimes when I go back and read my own blog I feel like I am reading someone else's thoughts! It is a humbling experience to go through it all and I am thankful every single day for my pregnancy.... and really what I have gone through to get it because it makes me appreciate the lives I have created so much more!

Good luck on your upcoming transfer!