Friday, March 11, 2011

A stitch in time...

Well, dear friends, I have survived "The Stitch" that I was so dreading.  It actually wan't that bad.  It was only slightly worse than a pap smear.  Of course, I could have done without the speculum change.  Times 3.  (Yes, Dr. W. had to try 3 different speculums before she found a proper fit that would give her the correct view of my cervix.  Needless to say, she very quickly realized why I needed the stitch in the first place.)  Then, the numbing shot was an unusual sensation.  It was sort of like a sweat bee sting--it only stung for a minute, but yet it was in the oddest of places.  Yes, you know where.  Then, I didn't feel anything while she put the stitch in place.

She did tell me that it's perfectly normal if the strings come out, and that I should just push them back in if they do.  Apparently someone once trimmed them off (which defeated their purpose entirely), which warranted these instructions.  Then she told me I'd have some spotting--which I have--but I shouldn't worry about it.  I got my check-out papers and my Vali.um prescription for the transfer and was on my way.  

It's been a gorgeous day here today.  Tomorrow's supposed to be fairly warm but windy.  At least it isn't supposed to rain like last weekend.  Happy weekend, all!

Hugs and love,

0 comments: