My IVF nurse called late this morning (I was teaching Spanish at the moment). I have to go tomorrow for a baseline u/s (never had to do that before). Since that phonecall, I've been a bundle of nerves. I don't know why--I've been down this road before.
I think it's really more anxiety than nerves. I wasn't expecting to be back at this place so soon. Don't get me wrong--I'm ready...I think. It was just never in the plan to have to be repeating this process already. (That is, our PLAN was to need to go back in 2 or 3 years for a sibling.) I'm a little scared of the emotions that are about to overtake me. My goal is to keep them to myself--or vent them out here. I don't want to take out my frustrations on any of the people around me--not J, not my students, not anybody. I'm tearing up just writing this, and I have no idea why. Oh, boy. It could be a long month.
I've never had to have an u/s while AF was still here. Not exactly looking forward to it. I guess it's no big deal to the tech, but I'll definitely be a little more uncomfortable than usual. Oh, well.
Tuesday, September 6, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)









7 comments:
It's definitely understandable that you are scared. You have been through so much. Things could turn out really really well this time around ;)
Yeah the u/s while on AF isn't fun! I was so embarrassed but the tech acted like it was nothing. Thinking of you and w/you every step of the way in the process. It's an exciting, scary, depressing, frustrating, painful and did I say EXCITING experience. Keep your chin up and think good thoughts! ~Fingers crossed for you~
Day 3 u/s are routine... I was totally freaked out the first time too, but in the IF world it's commonplace.
I was really worried about an ultrasound on A/F too, like Jayme said the techs don't act like it is any big deal. I'll be thinking lots of good thoughts for you tomorrow!!
I used to have to have baseline u/s every cycle! They do NOT care so please don't feel embarrassed! (((hugs))) we are here for you on this journey Angie!
totally cheering you on. I really hope and pray that this cycle brings you your take home baby!
Vent away...that is what we are here for! Having a baseline while AF is here is no big deal. They do it all the time! Take a deep breaths!
Post a Comment