Tuesday, September 13, 2011

What a nice surprise...

Last week, at my CD 3 appointment, I asked to see the financial manager so I could pay for our cycle (since we are flat-rate fee).  I mentioned this at check-out, and the receptionist called her.  No answer.  So, she had her paged.  And we waited.  Nothing. So, she told me that the lady was probably in IVF class at the moment and that I should just pay the next time I came in.  I asked if she was sure that would be okay, and she said it'd be fine.

Yesterday, though, I had a voicemail after school from R (the financial manager) saying that she hadn't received my "Pre-payment" yet and that I could give her a call to make a credit card payment over the phone.  I called as soon as I got home, but I guess it was too close to "quitting time" because she never called me back.  So, today, during my planning time I decided to try again.  To my surprise, she answered.  (No voicemail or anything!)  I told her who I was and that I was returning her call. 

This is how the rest of our conversation went:

R: Did you know that Dr. W is giving you a discounted cycle?
Me (in shock): No.  I knew she gave us one last time, but nobody every mentioned anything about another one.
R: Well, oh...yeah, I'm just going to give it to you for that again since I didn't get to talk to her about it or anything.
Me (in greater shock): Are you sure? 
R: Yes, that's what I'm going to do.  We'll do the same discounted price you got in March.  Are you putting it on one card?

And I rushed right through the rest of the conversation before she could change her mind. 

I like surprises.  Good ones, anyway.

3 comments:

Jacksmom said...

That's awesome, congrats on saving some dough!

Anonymous said...

Totally cool!!! Good for you!

Do I Have to Be a D.I.N.K.? said...

What a wonderful surpise!