Sunday, May 8, 2011

Why My Husband is the BEST!

I know many of you have terrific spouses, but mine is at the top.  Sorry ladies.  He just is.  It's a fact.  Deal with it.  ;-)

He decided this week that Jax needed to get his "mommy" something for Mother's Day.  Since this day was supposed to be one of great joy in our family (that is, ANNOUNCEMENT day) and will now be somewhat of a day of mourning, he was desperately trying to cheer me up while also letting me know that he knew I was going through a lot right now.  He really wanted to get me a charm bracelet.

Yesterday, his plan was to do the grocery shopping while I stayed home to rest.  Since I was feeling fine, he let me tag along.  Of course, that meant I had to help pick out my own present, too.  Now, keep in mind, this was totally his idea.  I resisted the idea that he even get me something.  But this is what he picked out. We got this bracelet:



And these 3 charms:




The blue and green charms represent the would-be birthstones of our angel babies (or at least, the month of our due dates), with just a bit of hope in the middle.  He's such a thoughtful man.  It's no wonder I love him so much. 

Of course, I was a little disappointed that they didn't have something cute to represent my furbaby, Jax.  They had a really cute cat charm, but no dogs.  So, when I got home, I found and ordered this one to add to the mix when it comes in.

Can't leave my "baby" out, can I?  There is a lot of room for other charms, so I suppose it will give J gift ideas for my birthday, Christmas, etc.  for a while.  I'm truly touched that he thought of it.

To all my blogger buddies out there who have reached the other side, and to those who are about to cross over, I hope you have the best day ever.  Happy Mother's Day to you all.  To the rest of us, our day will come.  Continue to hope, dream, and wish.  I love you all.

Hugs and love,

4 comments:

Nink said...

That is sooooo thoughtful! I love the charms! So perfect for you. Your husband is a wonderful man, and he definitely tops most. :) I'm glad to see he was able to put a smile on your face this Mother's Day. Lots of love!

Steph said...

Awww, what a sweetie! Does he give lessons to other husbands? ;)

(((HUGS))) I'm so sorry this day didn't get to be what you wanted it to.

Kristen said...

Wow, so incredibly sweet of your husband!
xoxo

Suzanna said...

The gift sounds perfect! Your husband is quite... charming. lol. Sorry, I had to say it. :) It truly is wonderful though. I'm glad he made your mother's day special.