Friday, May 13, 2011

Follow-up #1

I had my post-op appointment with Dr. G this afternoon.  J came over for the appointment (he works across the hall, if you don't remember), and we were able to share our concerns of repeating history and to ask questions.  The pathology report did not really show any cause for the m/c, so Dr. G's thoughts are that it was most likely chromosomal.  Unless...

We asked if I could have had a problem that might have caused it, and he offered to do some bloodwork to test for clotting/immunological disorders.  I decided not to have the bloodwork done today because it had been several hours since I'd eaten and I wasn't very well-hydrated.  (And he warned me that they would likely be taking several viles...I've never been "warned" of that before, so I knew it must really mean a lot.)  So, I'm having the bloodwork done tomorrow morning.  They have to send it off anyway, so it's not really going to delay results too much.

In the meantime, we wait.  We wait for the after-effects to end.  I'm supposed to call if the bleeding and cramping spells don't stop in another week.  We have a follow-up consultation with our RE (Dr. W)at NFC next Friday morning.  Dr. G said he'd leave it up to her as to when we can try another cycle.  Of course, we want to wait for our test results and have a firm plan of action.  And give our hearts some time to heal.  But we can't deny that there are definite benefits to being able to cycle before school starts back in August.  I know it's not likely that we'll get to, and we won't push to go against doctor's wishes.  But there will definitely be less stress.  We shall see.

Hope you all have a terrific weekend.

Hugs and love,

1 comments:

Nink said...

I understand wanting to cycle in the summer! Being a teacher, that is so ideal! I'm anxious to find out your blood results! I can't believe they took 15 vials! Lord, have mercy! I've been thinking about you A LOT, and I purposely sign onto Blogger just to check your blog. I hope you had a nice weekend! :)