I'm looking for a good book (or two) to read this summer. Anybody got a suggestion? It could be related to Infertility or pregnancy loss, or just a good book you'd like to share. I'll read just about anything. I have a couple of things downloaded onto my Kin.dle to catch up on, but then I'll be open to suggestions.
Thanks in advance for any advice. Hope you all have a wonderful week. I've got 5 more days with my fifth-graders. I'm SO looking forward to relaxing my brain for a few days after that!
Hugs and love,
Sunday, May 22, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)









7 comments:
On of my favorite books of all time is "Year of Wonders" by Geraldine Brooks. It's a fictionalized account of a real town during the plague of 1666. I can read it over and over again!
Not sure what your views on religion are, but I'm finishing up "Hannah's Hope" by Jennifer Saake on my Kindle, and that is worth the read. The author has been through infertility and miscarriage as well as failed adoptions and she talks about her experiences as well as Hannah's likely experiences. It gives suggestions for our loved ones who are helping us through it, as well as passages in the bible to read. I also just picked up "Two Kisses for Maddy: A Memoir of Loss and Love" by Matthew Logelin which is written by a father who lost his wife in childbirth and is raising their daughter alone. I haven't begun to read this yet, but was inspired by his story on his website. There is another one I just downloaded to my Kindle that was written about a little boy in my area who passed away. He'd been on Oprah a couple of times, his name was Matty Stepanek. This kid had an old soul and just watching him on Oprah made me cry, so I can't wait to read the book about his legacy. It's called "Messenger" and his mom Jeni Stepanek is the author. She and all of her children were born with muscular dystrophy and he was the only one to live past 4 years old. He died at the age of 13.
I agree about Hannah's Hope. Loved it... If you read any great ones, please post reviews, I need suggestions too!
In the family way by Tony Parsons is wonderful. It is a novel about 3 sisters in different family situations. There is a IF storyline in the mix and it is just beautifully written. The book is sweet, heartwarming, crazily realistic and just lovely all round.
Anything by Jodi Picoult.
Also my favorite book of all time is "We Need to Talk About Kevin" by Lionel Shriver.
Sookie Stackhouse series, Twilight series (better than the movies), Harry Potter (if you haven't already read them), Diana Gabaldon series, Terry Goodkind series. Anything by Richard Adams is an oldie but a goodie. Lonesome Dove was a really good book.
I would also recommend anything by Jodi Piccoult. I also loved the Hunger Games series.
Post a Comment