I was in a curriculum meeting all day today (if you've never done it, I cannot tell you how difficult it is to plan for a substitute with 4 days of school remaining...but, I digress), so I didn't get a chance to call the RE's office to update them on the status of "things" until our lunch break. I tried at our morning break, but suffice it to say it just didn't work out for me. At lunch, though, I made the call and left a message for the nurse saying that not much had gone on. Then I commenced to wait. And wait, and wait, and wait some more. It's 3:30 now, and I'm still waiting. I know this is not an urgent matter, but I'd really like to know what to do next. I guess I'll "wait" until my planning time tomorrow and call back. I'm so sick of this and ready for it to be over. Thanks for listening to me whine a little. Oh, and double thanks for all of the book suggestions. Some of them were already on my list to check into, but some were new and sound very interesting.
*****UPDATE*****
About 15 minutes after I published this post, my cell phone made it's "you've-got-a-new-voicemail" ding, which was amazing because it hadn't been out of my sight and it had neither rang nor showed a missed call. But anyway, it was a nurse from the clinic. She said that my HcG level was coming down (it was 31 on Friday) but still wasn't negative. Basically, I have two options. I can do another dose of the Cyt.otec or I can come in for a repeat blood test on Friday. I quickly called back, hoping to actually get to talk to someone, but had to leave a message again. I told the nurse that I can do either--I have one refill of the meds, and I don't have a problem having the repeat blood draw, but I'd prefer to do it here in town so I don't have to miss the last day of school. No return call. Maybe they'll call me in the morning so I will still have time to refill the prescription if necessary and J can pick it up before he comes home. I figured I'd have to do a repeat test anyway. Go figure. I guess we're playing phone tag, now. Which sucks because I can't do that all day tomorrow with a classroom full of kids. *Big Sigh*
Hugs and love,
Monday, May 23, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)









4 comments:
I hate waiting. I'm probably the most impatient person in the world. I hope you've heard from them since this entry. :)
When I pray for patience I really want God to make things move faster, and more in my timing. I hate the waiting, and waiting, and waiting. Am I ever going to have a baby?
Do you ever think the waiting would be 100 times easier if we had a guarantee it would happen sometime, even if we didn't know exactly when?
So sorry! Hope the wait is not much longer and that the rest of the week goes quickly for you!
I'm extremely impatient. I can only imagine the frustration you have to be feeling. Did you ever hear back?
Post a Comment