Wednesday, May 25, 2011

The ABCs of my IF

I came across this survey on another blog about IF, so I figured why not…

A. Age when you started TTC: 27

B. Baby Dancing or Sex: Sex...it's not all about procreation

C. Children wanted: I'm not greedy...I'd settle for 1

D. Dogs/Cats/Fill in Children: 1 dog, a miniature schnauzer named Jax

E. Essential Oils/Vitamins/Snake Oils: prenatal vitamin, folic acid, low-dose aspirin

F. Fertility Meds I’ve taken: Clomid, Femara, Follistim, Ganirelix, Ovidrel, Progesterone in Oil

G. Gain: Not really

H. HSG (Hystosalpingogram): Oh, yes.  Yes, yes, yes.  Not a pleasant memory.

I. Infertile Pet Peeves: lack of insurance coverage; insensitive comments

J. Job title: Teacher

K. Kid’s names you’re afraid will be taken by the time you can use them: No fears here; I'll name my children whatever I wish (although, as a teacher my "acceptable" list keeps getting shorter and shorter...)

L. Length of time TTC: so far, 3 years 8 months

M. Miscarriages: 2--one chemical pg with fresh IVF and one m/c at 8w4d with FET #1

N. Number of times you’ve switched OB/GYNS, REs, FSs: I’ve seen 2 OBs (because my first one moved) and 1 RE (although, a different RE in the practice did my retrieval and both transfers...does that count as 2 REs?)

O. Ovarian quality: Great!

P. POAS or wait for AF: Depends...if it's a "break" cycle or a non-medicated, I wait it out.  If meds were used, likely POAS

Q. Quote from an obnoxious fertile: Go on a cruise.  (Yeah, I've been on 3.  How many does it take?)

S. Sperm: Yeah, it's an issue for us.  But it's not the only one.

T. Time you tried naturally: Approximately 9 months from TTC to Clomid; 3 years before contacting RE, then IVF came 2 months later.

U. Uterus quality: Great

V. Vagina: I don't understand the question.  It's there, and it does its job.  Usually.

W. What baby stuff do you already have?: Do I seriously have to answer this question?  Not a lot, really.  An outfit (J insisted that we be the first to buy our little peanut something), a St. Louis Cardinals tee, a W.K.U. onesie & socks, and a set of onesies that MIL bought little peanut for Easter this year.  I'm ashamed to say I have a small box of maternity clothes, too, that I got for my birthday this year.  They're in a closet right now...just waiting to be used.

X. X-tra X-tra Hear all about it! How many people know the ins and outs of our crazy TTC journey? Well, I don't really know.  Our closest family knows--my parents, my MIL, my brother--and I have about 5 friends (3 at school and two others); and of course, all of you. 

Y. Yearly Exam (do you still go in even though someone sees your lady parts most months?): Yes.

Z. Zits: occasionally, but not every cycle

Borrow if you like!

0 comments: