Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Frustration

I'm frustrated today.  With a lot of things. 

* First of all, I'm frustrated with how I feel.  The past hour has been the worst all day, but I've gotten all crampy again, and I'm ready for it to be over.  I will never forget the last two weeks of my life.  I don't need to be physically reminded, thank you.

* My bruised hand is getting better.  It doesn't look much better, but it's not quite as sore as it was.

* I'm tired of state testing.  My kids are wound up, and nothing I do seems to settle them down afterward.  I am running short on patience these days, especially (I'm sorry to say) with other people's children.

* I don't know what to do for J.  He bought me such a thoughtful gift for MD, and I want to do something for him.  But I don't know what.  Any suggestions?

* I also want to get a couple of my friends at work a small token of my appreciation for putting up with me this school year.  I know I wasn't always a ray of sunshine to be around.  It's been a tough year--A LOT has happened since August.  I'lll take suggestions for this, too, if you've got any.

Boy, sounds like all I'm doing today is whining.  I'll stop now.  I need to feed Jax anyway.

Hugs and love,

9 comments:

Jacksmom said...

I think you need to cut yourself some slack. You are dealing with a lot at the moment. No ideas at the moment but I will think about it some more.

Miss Mac said...

Hope the cramping eases up or goes away soon, you've dealt with that enough! Hope the remainder of the school year goes by quickly. After testing, both students and teachers are just tired and "done." I tried to fill the time with group projects and Bill Nye since I was covered with paperwork and deadlines too! No ideas for J... something for a hobby maybe? My favorite "thank you" gift is the thank you willow tree angel. Take care!

Marianne said...

I hope you feel better soon!

How about starbucks gift cards for the teacher friends? Everyone could use some caffeine!

Kristy said...

Very understandable...I'm very often frustrated with my own self...but you've been through alot and deserve to feel however you want!!! As for gifts??? I know that my Hubs is just happy when I curl up to him and let him know how thankful I am for him and all that he does....I sometimes send a random e-mail to tell him, and that's the best gift to him. As for the friends..I like to give things that last a long time..ie. plants that they can plant...(that is if they like plants...). It's a gift that keeps on giving!!!!

Mrs. Misfits said...

Stopping in from LFCA to say hello. And to say that I'm really sorry for this going on and I know how rough things will be. Allowing yourself to get through it is hard as well. I often find that even just giving someone the acknowledgement of their being appreciated goes a long way. Gift cards or even just a plain hand-written thank you can do wonders.

My thoughts are with you, dear. It does get better even if it feels like your heart is sucked through a black hole at the moment.

Jacksmom said...

I don't have any ideas yet, but I will try to think of some for you!

Kelly said...

You aren't whining at all! I always hated the physical things that happened after. I was still glad that I didn't just wait for things to happen naturally, but just like you said, I didn't want the prolonged physical reminders.

For J, are you looking for something for just him or something for the two of you?

I felt the same way about friends at school. I ended up just writing them cards. I had given it so much thought and just decided that there wasn't any gift that could truly say thank you enough but perhaps my words could.

Thinking of you...

E and R said...

The reminders are awful - its bad enough that it happened, but to have to be constantly reminded just plain sucks. I remember that I had spotting for 4 months after my D & C - they had to put me on BCP to get it to stop. It just seems so much harder to be able to begin to move on when you are constantly reminded. I'm thinking of you and praying for you!

As for the gifts - I'm not sure for your husband - maybe for the friends at school - a small thing of bubble bath and lotion - maybe from B.ath and B.ody W.orks? I think they have pretty affordable gift sets. (assuming it is for women, that is.)

Jessica Anne said...

I know you feel like 5th graders don't understand things like pregnancy loss, but you may want to give them more credit! I actually just wrote a blog post about how amazing the kiddos are at the school that I teach at and how supportive they have been. I know they can't make things all better, but letting them know that you need their cooperation and support right now couldn't hurt!

hang in there =)

http://urzaandluna.blogspot.com