Grr! Obviously, I've had a lot on my mind the past couple of weeks. But I haven't vented about it all just yet. I kept this in as long as I could, but I want to spit it all out. Then, maybe I can move past it. I have to be careful "talking" about this, though. If the wrong people found out, someone could lose their job. While I would never try to purposefully get someone fired (especially in today's economy), I simply can't stand it when people do other people wrong. I especially can't stand people who constantly stick their noses in other people's business. And that's exactly what has happened here. Confused? Allow me to explain.
First of all, let me remind you that we had our betas and u/s done at the clinic where J works for various reasons (time, cost, distance, minimal time off work, etc.). The problem? There are a lot of people who work there that I know personally. Well, one of them in particular has no real connection to me. She's more of a relative of a relative, if you will. A couple of weeks ago, J was checking my medical file to see if my results had been sent to the RE's office. He noticed this person's name recorded as having looked at my file. So, he clicked through a few more "pages" of the files and found her name logged in severl places. She had no medical reason to be looking at my files at all. She was just being nosy.
It turns out there was another person who perused the notes from the last u/s visit (when we learned it was all over) without any apparent reason. [She works for a different doctor in the practice, so we doubt my doctor would have had her look up something.] Grr. I hate when people can't mind their own business. I try very hard to keep my nose out of places it doesn't belong.
Monday, May 16, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)









10 comments:
Angie, that is grounds for firing and a lawsuit. They violated HIPPA. I would not let them get away with it!!!! they shouldn't be in that profession if they can't stop being "nosy". I would not let them get away with it.
I would be very upset also. Did this person tell anyone else that you know of? I'm so sorry, you sure don't need this to worry about also.
I agree with E...that's a pretty big violation of your privacy! I am so sorry! I would certainly talk to this person about it and try to get some answers!
They should be reported. REPORTED! IMMEDIATELY!!!
You need to report them! That is SOOOO not acceptable!!! I would be so beyond upset that people were snoopy in your personal medical records just to be nosey and see what's going on. NOT COOL. NOT RIGHT!
Krista, no joke, that is a HIPPA violation and a huge one! You need to report them IMMEDIATELY. I get nosy too, but if I want to know something, I ASK that person, and if I'm not close enough to them to ASK THEM PERSONALLY, then I wait until things trickle down and come out. I am not allowed to go into records of people I am not personally caring for, and I would never do it because I need my job, and I know the risks if I did something like that. Those people were asking for it, REPORT IT. The laws are in place to protect all of us for a reason.
Wow...not only is that ballsy but it's illegal. I would report it.
Okay I wrote a comment earlier today but I don't think it went through, grr. Anyways, I'm so sorry Angie. That is awful that people were snooping into your files. Major HIPPA violation and super serious. I'm a nurse and will admit that it is tempting sometimes when everything is at your fingertips but for me I'm more curious at looking at my own medical records.. Which strangely enough is still illegal unless I've filled out a release of medical records. Which brings me to the point that it may be hard to report because not sure if your even your hubs can legally look at your records without you filling out a release, you know? Even though it is totally innocent, it might look bad. Unless your hubs needed to know for his job (not sure what his position is there)...
Anyways, I just can't believe some people. I'd be super annoyed too!!
WHAT!!! That is so wrong!!!! I would report it, or at least call the people on it!!!
Oh my gosh! That is just awful! I would definitly talk to the person who did it and let them know I did NOT appriciate them looking through my files. And let them know that if they EVER do it again I will make sure to report them for it. Just because they work there doesn't mean they have any right to put their nose where it doesn't belong.
Post a Comment