That's what the phlebotomist asked me when I went to have my blood drawn this morning. I didn't quite know how to respond. I just looked at her and said, "I don't really know. Should I?" She responded with, "Let me get out all the tubed I'm going to need and then you can decide." Oh, boy. I knew I was in for a real treat! She finally gathered all of her supplies, and asked me again. I couldn't see them all well enough to count them so I asked how many there were. I'd had 9 drawn before and only got slightly light-headed. This time, though, there were 15. Fifteen! Yikes! She recommended that I lie down. So, we moved over to the "bed-room."
Surprisingly, I felt fine throughout the entire process. My hands got a little clammy, but I didn't feel light-headed or sick or anything. Whew!
Thanks to everyone who commented and suggested a thank-you gift for my buddies. I think I've settled on something, but I don't want to say in case one of them reads this post. (I know at least one of them drops by on occasion.)
Happy Saturday, all. It's rainy and gloomy out here. I think it's just about nap time.
Hugs and love,
Saturday, May 14, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)









4 comments:
Ugh...that's a crazy amount of blood. Thinking of you this week...
xoxo
Oh geez honey....I had 8 vials taken last week and I thought that was a lot! Glad that is over...whew!
It is rainy and gloomy here in Colorado too...I sure could use some sun right about now!
That's nice of them to give you the option before that kind of blood draw. Sounds like good nap weather, take care!
Glad you are getting the testing done! They always say chromosomal...when they don't know what to say.
Post a Comment