Thursday, May 19, 2011

TMI Thursday

WARNING: This post will include some very graphic details.  If you have absolutely no interest in what came out of my uterus this morning, you are welcome to opt out now.  Have a nice day.

************************************************************************************
Okay, so I'm really getting disgusted with the stop-and-start-again nature of how "things" are progressing.  I want the spotting/bleeding to stop.  Dr. G said at my follow-up last week that things should be tapering off and to call if it hasn't stopped in another week (which is tomorrow).  I can't stand all of this yes it's here...now it's not business.  I feel like I'm going to have to wear pads and pantyliners for the rest of my life.  (Okay, maybe that's a bit dramatic considering it's only been 2 weeks.  But still...)  It wouldn't be so bad, but I'll get excited because I've gone 2 entire days with barely dirty-looking spotting, and then BAM.  Red blood again.  Rinse, repeat. 

Yesterday, I was in "tapering" mode, so things looked to be slowing down.  Then, last night, the spotting picked up.  It wasn't red bleeding this time, though, just heavier spotting.  I didn't really think much about it.  I haven't been hurting too much the past few days, so that's a relief. 

Fast-forward to this morning.  I wasn't feeling very well to begin with.  My stomach started feeling yucky sometime during the night, and I kept feeling like I was going to hurl.  I'd look at the clock and think, "Okay.  If I make it until such-and-such time and still feel like this, I'll go to the bathroom and see what happens."  Then I'd fall asleep before said time.  That happened 3 or 4 times.  When the alarm actually went off, my stomach didn't feel too bad, but I sure was missing some sleep.  I made my way to the bathroom and got ready to take a shower.  Not too much going on in the way of spotting, but lots of "junk" when I wiped, mostly in the form of tiny little clots. (Sorry, but you were warned.)  I went about my business, washed my hair and movd on to washing my body.  When I got to my lady parts, I was quite surprised to find a prune-sized clot on the washcloth when I pulled it away.  It scared me at first.  I hope it's a sign that things are coming to an end.  Since then, it's been lighter than ever.  Fingers crossed.

After 3 more trips to the bathroom while/after getting dressed for other reasons (darn stomachache), I made it out the door.  Tomorrow is our follow-up appointment with the RE.  I'm not expecting many answers, but I'm definitely looking forward to hearing options for a new plan for next time. 

Well, if you read all of that, you're a real trooper!  Thanks for sticking with  me.

Hugs and love,

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

I can really relate, and I am so sorry you are going through this!! When I had my mc, I bled/spotted every day for 2 1/2 months. Don't worry, that won't happen to you!! My doctors were completely puzzled as to why it happened to me. Just hang in there and keep taking it one day at a time. I never thought I would be "done," but time did pass, and I got through it. So can you! Thinking of you!

Krista said...

I made it to the end! I'm so sorry Ang! It's just not fair! You want to put this whole thing behind you and just move forward, but your body is not cooperating! It sounds like things are going to get better from here on out! I feel for you with feeling like you have to wear a pad for the rest of your life. I went from the PIO suppositories (which leave a MESS in your panties!,) straight into my period (heavy due to chemical pregnancy,) and then straight into a hysteroscopy which made me bleed for another week. I think I had "something" coming out of there for about 6 weeks total!
So glad to hear you are going to have your WTF appointment. My hunch is that the other embryos have been abnormal, but the right/normal one is still in that batch!!

Brave IVF Girl said...

After my first D&C, last May, I bled for about a week and then spotted for another 10 days. I thought it was nearly over and then I had bright red fresh blood and clots. My theory, supported by Dr. Google and asking my doctor about it, is that a little bit of tissue was missed during the D&C and that was my body getting rid of it. After 2-3 days, it stopped and then my period came about 10 days later.

*hugs* I'm glad you have your WTF appointment - hopefully your RE has some useful ideas to contribute.

Morgan Owens said...

I'm sorry Angie..I really hope you get to feeling better and all the other stuff "stops" for you. Hang in there.

Allison said...

Ugh, so unfair - you've been through enough already. Hope it ends soon and tomorrow is a better day.

Erin said...

Did you have a D&E and and a D&C or just a D&C? If it's the latter than that would explain all the junk coming out. I had a D&E and D&C and I didn't even spot afterwards..Well a little bit but it tapered off very quickly.

Kitty said...

Ugh, I remember the incessant bleeding. It's brutal, I'm so sorry hon! Hopefully that clot was just blocking the way for everything else leftover to flow out, and you'll be past this soon. I just want to let you know that you're not alone, I think I bled for a solid month after my m/c. Hang in there, I promise it won't last forever! ((Hugs))

Browniris said...

I hope that you get feeling better quickly and can physically recover from your loss. I am so sorry for what you are going through right now. You're in my thoughts!

Suzanna said...

Yay I'm a trooper! lol