Monday, May 9, 2011

Delayed Reaction?

I guess I bragged too soon--about feeling so good, that is.  On Friday night, I felt just fine after surgery.  Sure, I was just a tad crampy afterward, but it quickly subsided, and I was feeling no pain when we left the hospital.  Still, we got my prescription filled for pain meds...just in case.  All day on Saturday, J kept asking me if I felt okay.  He even got a little irritated with me when he realized that I didn't take the meds with me to town to run a couple of errands.  I felt fine, though.  I didn't need them. 

TMI Warning!!!
I had some light bleeding all night...kind of like the end of my period.  But I wasn't in any pain (other than my hand where the IV had been).  Until yesterday morning, that is.  I woke up at around 3:30 with some MAJOR cramping going on.  It was about as bad as I've ever had.  Luckily, though, it only lasted about 20 minutes before it subsided.  I brushed it off, rolled over, and tried to go back to sleep.  Then, at around 4:15, it started again.  From the way things felt, I was sure I had bled all over everything and I'd definitely have a mess to clean up (and I was guessing it would include clean sheets).  I carefully made my way to the bathroom and was surprised to find nothing.  Just the slightest hint of spotting when I wiped. 

I broke down and took one of my pain pills.  I guess I woke J up as I was getting back in bed because he asked me if I was okay.  I explained what was going on.  Then I attempted to go back to sleep, but it took a while for the pain to subside.  It came in waves like that throughout the day.  I took a second and third dose spaced throughout the day.  I hate taking medicine, but I was really hurting.  Thanfully, it wasn't a constant pain, though.  I'm hoping it gets better soon.  We're in the middle of state testing at school and I'm afraid it will get uncomfortable circulating around my classroom to monitor while in pain. 

But I will survive.  I always do. 

Yesterday was rough.  First of all, I got a text from a wrong number wishing me a happy mother's day.  Ouch.  Then, instead of the announcement we were hoping to make, we decided to tell my grandparents that we had miscarried (mostly so they would be in the loop--somewhat--and understand if we seemed sad or distant in the coming weeks).  They didn't quite know what to say, and my grandfather got all choked up.  I think he knows how much we want this. 

It's about time to get ready for school.  Three more weeks of this and I can put this whole year behind me.  I desperately need for this school year to be over.  My brain needs a break.  My heart needs some peace in which to heal.  I love my job, but I just need to be selfish for a little while.  (Isn't that terrible?)  I need some time off from worrying about other people's children.

Oh, and I did a very bad thing yesterday, too.  I skipped church.  I can't remember a time when I ever just deliberately skipped church without a legitimate excuse (like being out of town or sick or having a class in college or something).  I just didn't think I could handle the "motherly overload" that I knew would take place as everyone would speak of being thankful for their mothers or the young mothers in the church, etc.  So I just didn't go.  Maybe next year...

Hugs and love,

10 comments:

Marianne said...

I think it's fine you skipped church. If anyone understands it's God. I hope these last 3 weeks go quickly for you!!!

Erin said...

You need to take it easy and allow yourself to feel sorry for yourself (YES, I said it). You've gone through something traumatic and you should really take it easy. ((hugs))

Kristy said...

Definelty be selfish...I't a good thing sometimes and you totally deserve it!!

Allison said...

Angie, sweetie, go easy on yourself. I hope the pain eases and the next few weeks fly by so you can put an end to this year. Hang in there!

Anonymous said...

You need some TLC and I pray you get lots of it. I am sorry for your loss.

Bird said...

*whispering* i skipped church too.and i love church....but there was no way i was going to be able to do it yesterday.

Miss Mac said...

God knows what we can handle. DH and I have spent several mother's days out of town, away from all. Hope you made it okay through the standardized testing (boo) and the next three weeks go by quickly so that you can have the time for you.

Steph said...

I totally agree on what the other women said. You've been through an emotional & physical trauma & you do need some YOU time.

(((MORE HUGE HUGS)))

Suzanna said...

I asked Jared this year if we could celebrate mother's day and father's day this year... After all we've got two wonderful furry babies. lol. He said we could, I was very happy about that. This Sunday Jared had to work 11-3 so we skipped church that morning and went that night. We completely forgot it was mother's day until we went that evening. So we didn't celebrate after all. Maybe next year... :(

Suzanna said...

I hope you get to feeling better soon. Still thinking lots about you.