As you might have guessed, this has been a most horrendous week for me. But I've somehow managed to keep it all together in front of my darlings...until today. For the most part, my students have been clueless. They know that I had a bad week, but they really didn't know why. They could tell I was upset, but most of them didn't really seem to care and went about causing trouble. Business as usual. This morning, I was trying to teach grammar, and was having a terrible time keeping one little boy in particular in his seat and focused. I went to my desk to get something and found this:
In case you can't read it (because I took this picture with my phone), it says: "Have a good day. I love you. Your sweet and kind. So I hope you have good luck today." And on top of the paper was a four-leaf clover she found and picked for me.
That, my friends, is when I lost it. I have tried very hard all week long to maintain my composure in front of my fifth graders, but there was nothing I could do to prevent this outburst of tears. I was so touched by the compassion of this 10-year-old that I had to leave the room for a minute. I quickly asked the teacher across the hall to listen for any problems and hurriedly made my way to the restroom. And I cried some more.
Hugs and love,










8 comments:
Thinking of you today, Angie.
You and your husband are in my thoughts and prayers
((((((HUGS))))))))
Aww (hugs. Thinking about you today.
What a sweetheart that Hannah girl is. :) Thinking about you today! Lots of love and prayers coming your way. I hope you feel them!
Oh that is so thoughtful of such a young girl. I hope her clover does bring you guys some luck and help ease your pain.
Oh honey (((HUGS)))
Thank you for sharing this sweet story. Hang in there, friend. I'm thinking about you.
Oh wow that is so, so incredibly sweet. Hope today went OK for you. Thinking about you and wishing you some peace in the midst of this nightmare.
xo
Post a Comment