I don’t have much to talk about today. It’s a rainy, cool day here. Perfect for snuggling up with a blanket and a good book. Is that what I did? No. We ran our usual Saturday errands—including lunch and a trip to the grocery store. Nothing too exciting. But there were a couple of special moments today.
J and I had lunch at our favorite restaurant. J ordered one of his usuals and I tried something different—a chicken fajita quesadilla. From the description, it sounded like something I would really like. Well, it arrived and it wasn’t exactly what I was expecting. I started eating the first wedge of it, and found some unexpected ingredients. But I was perfectly willing to suck it up and eat it anyway. It wasn’t that there was anything wrong with it, it just wasn’t one of my new favorites. But that just wouldn’t do. When our waiter came by, J flagged him down and told him that I would like something else because I really didn’t like what I got. He apologized, and I hastily ordered something else. I was embarrassed, but J said that I’d better get used to people fussing over me. (Don’t know about that part.)
Then, while I was waiting for my second round of lunch to arrive at tour table, I pulled out my phone to see if I had any messages. Imagine my surprise when I had an email from our favorite ice cream shop letting me know that my favorite flavor (yep, chocolate peanut-butter buckeye) was made today! I told J, and he said he’d take me by to get some. As we were coming out of Sam’s Club, it had begun to rain. We were heading to get ice cream, and that meant that we’d get a free second scoop. When we got there, I was upset to see that the flavor was NOT on the menu. Since we were at the drive-thru, I couldn’t easily throw a good fit, but J said that he’d ask them about it since I’d gotten an email. He did, and they said they had it. I ordered a quart (for hard times, ya know). J said it could either be a week for celebration or I could need it for comfort. Oh, and I had two scoops right then.
All in all, it was a good day—even if it wasn’t 80 degrees and sunny. Now I’m back home, groceries unloaded and put away, ready to snuggle up with my sweetie and our furbaby. Maybe I won’t sleep through all of our shows today!
Hugs and baby dust,
Saturday, March 26, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)









2 comments:
Sounds like my Saturdays! :)
Your hubby sounds like a sweetheart :)
Post a Comment