When we got there--a half hour earlier than we were supposed to (which was an hour before the procedure, anyway), we only had to wait a little bit before they called us back and took us to our room. It really is our room. We were in that room for our last transfer, too. I took my Val.ium, the nurse took my vital signs, and we were left alone to dress for the occasion. I was allowed to keep my shirt and socks on under the lovely gown they gave me. (It kind of clashed with my shirt. I should have gone with a solid.) J looked quite dashing in his purple scrubs. Soon after I'd settled myself in bed, the embryologist came in to talk to us. We found out that it took three thawed embies to have two to transfer, but that's exactly what we ended up doing. We transferred 2 grade B embryos. One of them had been a grade A when it was frozen, but it lost a few cells during the thaw process. The doctor was still pleased with them and said they looked good. They gave us pictures, and I'll post them as soon as we get them scanned.
The procedure was only slightly uncomfortable, just like last time. The classical music piped into the OR was quite soothing. J got to look at our babies under the microscope before they loaded them into the catheter. Then, I got to see my babies put into place on the monitor before they wheeled me back to my room to rest for an hour. Last time, I was in agony during that hour-long wait before I could empty my bladder. Of course, last time I drank almost 3 bottles of water, too. I scaled back a bit this time. Okay, I cut it in half. They still said my bladder looked full. The hour passed quickly--I think I dosed off for a bit--and before I knew it the nurse was in to help me out of bed.
We stopped off for a bite to eat for lunch before heading home. Of course, J had a ruined surprise up his sleeve, too. I say ruined because I'm the one who ruined it. I threw another ice cream fit on Sunday evening when I discovered that my favorite flavor was available and I was missing it yet again. J followed me to the bedroom, where I was changing the sheets, to tell me that it was his fault because he had a surprise for me. He'd ordered me an ice cream pie--with my favorite chocolate peanut butter buckeye ice cream--for Tuesday. Yes, there were tears. So, we had to go pick it up.
It's hard to read here, but it says "Hugs and Baby Dust" in purple icing.
J was only slightly disappointed. He said he asked for the writing to be pink and blue. I guess they put them together to get purple, huh? Anyway, those are buckeyes around the pie. He cut me a piece when we got home. It was yummy! I'm so lucky to have him.
So I've been planted in the recliner since we got home. Jax cuddled in my lap for a long time right after we got back. He never does that when J is home. I think he knows something is up. My mom is coming over to "baby sit" me tomorrow. I think she's afraid I'll do something I'm not supposed to. The good news is that I got all my schoolwork done last night that I brought home with me, so I can spend the whole day reading and watching television! (And of course, blogging.) So, I'm officially PUPO again (pregnant until proven otherwise). I've been a little crampy ever since the transfer. It's nothing bad, but I definitely feel it. I hope it's normal. I've been goog.ling the heck out of it. Normal or not, apparently it's common--at least among people on FET message boards.
Hope all of you are doing well.
Hugs and baby dust,









4 comments:
I am so excited for you! It sounds like you had a wonderful day and pleasant experience. Take care of those little babes! :D
That is such a sweet pie!!!!! Awwwww! Can't wait for your BFP! :)
I am so glad that the transfer went smoothly! Good luck!!!! I can't wait to hear about how things go!
That is soo sweet! What a good husband you have!
Post a Comment