Thursday, March 3, 2011

Ice Cream "Melt"Down

So, this post is overdue--since it happened over the weekend before last--but I feel the need to share it so you all know just how nutty I really am.  I suppose it all really started a couple of Wednesdays ago.  As you may (or may not) recall (if you've read my blog for very long) that my absolute favorite-drive-across-town-just-to-get ice cream is Bru.ster's chocolate peanut butter buckeye.  It's made with what they call butterfudge ice cream.  Yum.  It's like a little piece of Heaven in a dish.  With little chocolate covered peanut butter balls.  Oh, happy day.

Well, I "liked" the Brus.ter's from a nearby city on Face.book, and in turn, their status updates appear on my page.  Usually, it's just random announcements like the special of the month and the flavor of the day and such.  The problem, though, is that they are a good half hour away and they rarely post the flavor of the day before late afternoon.  Yeah, it's kind of a waste.  If I wasn't already planning a trip to town, it's likely too late for me, and if I was--well, I'm probably already there and, thus, can't check Face.book.  I cannot tell you the last time I was able to actually indulge in this wonderful concoction.  Oh, I ordered it a couple of times when I happened by there and it was on the menu board only to be told that they were out of it.  Yikes.

So on said Wednesday, I was checking in on my Face.book pals before church when I noticed that the posted flavor of the day was...yep, you guessed it--chocolate peanut butter buckeye.  The problem?  It was after 5:00, I was 25 miles away, and church was at 7:00.  J was already home, or I'd have sent him for some.  I even called my dad to see if he'd left work yet.  He had.  Rats.  No ice cream for me.  Let it go, Angie.  But, I was in a mood.  Thus, the following exchange is forever transcribed on Face.book between "Scoops" and myself:

Me: You should really tell me this the day before so I can plan a trip for the BEST ice cream in the world!
Scoops: We might have some left tomorrow early in the day! Call us at 8**-9*** open 12-9 tomorrow!
Me: I have to work. Make some on Saturday and I'll be there!

On Saturday, J and I ran our errands and planned a trip to Bru.ster's before heading to the grocery on our way home.  I had low expectations, but a girl can dream, right?  We pull around the drive thru and, much to my surprise, there it is on the menu board.  My Flavor!  I excitedly told J I wanted 2 scoops and proceeded to dig out my coupon card.  Then, I heard the most agonizing words I've ever heard from the speaker at a drive thru window.  I'm sorry, sir.  We are completely out of that.  J said, "Well, we didn't know.  It's still on the menu board."  Yeah, we need to get that off there.  Ya think?  Don't give people false hope.  You can't just toy with my emotions like that.  I was in a bad mood the rest of the day.  Literally. 

J laughed at me.  He so totally did not get why I was so upset about ice cream (or the lack thereof).  So, on the way home I explained it to him.  And I ended it with (in my best Scarlett O'Hara voice): "And WHEN I'm  pregnant and hormonal, if they EVER have it up on the menu board and have the nerve to tell me they're out of it, may God have mercy on their souls!"  Yeah, he just laughed again.  But I meant it.  Seriously.  So there.

Maybe I made you smile, at least.  It's almost Friday!

Hugs and love,

0 comments: