Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Argh!

I am so bad at bedrest.  I have a hard time letting go of control and letting others do for me.  I'm used to taking care of everyone else.  My mom came over today to make sure I didn't do something I wasn't supposed to.  Boy, was she strict!  I even had to show her the paperwork from the fertility clinic to convince her it was okay for me to take a shower. 

Even though I know my kids will be wild from having substitutes for two days in a row (and two days last week for monitoring and to have the stitch put in), I am somewhat looking forward to going back to work tomorrow.  I suppose because it means I will be doing something other than sitting/laying around.  It's going to be a busy day, though.  After school, I'll have to finish up lesson plans (actually, I may work on those here in a little bit), then come home to cook dinner before my haircut at 5:00.  Then it's back to school for a PTO meeting at 6:00.  Fun times.

So that's where I am.  Bored.  Anxious to get back into a normal routine.  But I promise not to overdo it.  I'll watch what I lift.  I won't do too much bending.  Because there's a lot riding on it...my future!

Hugs and baby dust,

2 comments:

Kitty said...

NO LIFTING! And keep your feet up! You ARE taking care of someone else you know ;) Good luck!!!

elephantscanremember said...

Listen to your mother, she knows best! Take it as easy as possible.

(I plan on doing the same after my transfer. No working for me for at least a day or two.)