Did you ever play that game when you were a kid called "Red light, green light?" The "it" person stands at one end of the playing field, with the rest of the players at the other end. "It" turns their back to the others and calls out "Green light!" The players then run as fast as they can towards "it". At any time, "it" can face the players, calling out "Red light", and the others must freeze in place. If anyone fails to stop, they are out or must return to the starting line. Gosh, I miss childhood. Today they play bang-em-up games instead of the simple stuff. But I digress...(again)
Well, today J and I got the green light to proceed with our FET cycle. Last week, when I called to report CD1, nurse Kelli said that I would need to come in on CD 10 or 11 for an u/s and E2 level. That fell on the weekend. While they do offer these services on weekends, I think they try to only do those if it is more urgent. So, she insisted that I come in today (on CD 9) to make sure we didn't miss our opportunity. I have never ovulated early in my life, but I obliged and made the appointment. Then, the evil side of Dr. Go.ogle kicked in and I worried much of the week about things not looking right and causing a cancelled cycle. Thankfully, though, the tech said that my lining looked good. She actually said, "It's pretty!" (I'm glad she thought so--looked like a gray blob to me.) My dominant follicle is only at about 10mm, though, so I have to give it a couple of days to grow (told ya) and go back on Monday. I just got a message from Kelli saying that my E2 was at 137, which is good (her words...couldn't prove it by me). I tried to research these stats, but there aren't many sources of information for unmedicated cycles.
So, the plan is to go back on Monday for a repeat of today's tests. If my follicle is between 16 and 18mm, they'll give me an Ovid.rel injection to administer at home, then transfer will be set for one week later. Holy moly! This stuff moves so much faster than our fresh cycle did! I don't think it has really quite sunk in yet.
I'm so glad it's the weekend. I need some rest! I feel like I could fall asleep right now and sleep until morning. We got our errands run today on the way back from Nash.ville. That means we get to spend the whole day tomorrow at home. Well, I now have to go get ready for a substitute on Monday, but we don't have to fight "town traffic." Yippee!
Hope you're having a fabulous Friday!
Hugs and love,
Friday, March 4, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)









2 comments:
I am so excited for you! Did you not have to do any estrogen patches or pills at all? I will have to when I start a new cycle and when my lining is good will start the progesterone as well. I am excited and I totally hope WE BOTH get AWESOME news. It's our turn!
Wow, that is fast! Lots of luck, Angie!
And yes, I used to LOVE playing Red Light, Green Light :)
Post a Comment