Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Good things come...

...to those who wait.  I apologize to the few of you who have beens talking my blog today for results.  My other two blood draws were after school, so I didn't feel a need to take off work to get this one done.  I had very mixed emotions today.  This day would likely make me or break me.  Yes, we potentially have "more tries," but I'm not sure how soon that would be for both emotional and financial reasons. 

The day took FOREVER to end, and I thought I'd never make it to the clinic.  I got there and signed in around 3:15, and then commenced to wait.  And wait, and wait, and wait some more.  Finally, at around 3:40, they called me back.  I had my blood drawn and was out of there by 3:45.  (I forgot to stop and pay my co-paay.  Oops!  They'll bill me.)  Then, J sent me to Ko.hl's because he got an email about a sale they were having.  I tried to shop, really I did.  But my heart wasn't in it.  So, I left.

Just as I was walking across the parking lot to my car emptyhanded, my phone started ringing.  It was the clinic's number.  This was it.  Dum-da-dum-dum.  One way or the other, this phonecall would change my life.  Let's recap, shall we, just in case someone is just joining us.  Last Friday, at 10DPT, our first beta came back at 178.  On Monday, 3 days later, it was 483.9.  That was a good number, but just slightly less than triple the first number like it should have been.  Our doctor's were still pleased with them, though.  Today, my number was...1010!  Thank you, Lord.  J and I decided that we are allowed to be excited.  At least a little bit.

I'm kind of in shock.  I don't know what to feel.  I don't know what to think.  I only hope any passersby don't think I'm a raving lunatic if they saw me sobbing in my car in the Ko.hl's parking lot. 



Hugs and love,

15 comments:

Krista said...

Oh Angie...this is such great news. I could cry for you...I'm so happy!!!

Nink said...

WOOOOOOOOOOO HOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!! That's awesome! I only pray I have such wonderful numbers. You guys can now allow that excitement to settle in! Those are solid numbers...a great start to a full-term pregnancy. :)

Lindsay said...

WooHoo indeed! just so wonderful to get to see this late in the day. so happy for you.

Kelly said...

Such wonderful numbers!!

Jennifer V. said...

YAY! You should celebrate with some Bruster's!


I've been wanting to comment, but the google ID isn't working for me.

Unknown said...

Yeah!! :) I'm not exactly sure what that means, but I know it's good news, so I'm thrilled! Baby dust, prayers, good thoughts, virtual hugs, and more all for you darling!! ♥♥♥

elephantscanremember said...

Woohoo! That is a GREAT number!!! Congratulations, Angie.

tara @ the every things said...

wonderful wonderful wonderful!! :)))))

i tear'd up reading this!

Kitty said...

Congratulations!!! Such wonderful news, you're DEFINITELY allowed to be excited!!

Tanya said...

FINALLY! I'm so so happy for you both and I agree with Kitty, you're DEFINITELY allowed to be excited, so awesome!

Brave IVF Girl said...

Yay for a great third beta!

Steph said...

I had to wait until I got off work to check this. Now that I have--

WOOOOOOHOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!! =^D

Jacksmom said...

That's an awesome number!!! When is your ultrasound?

Allison said...

Oh Angie!!!! That's amazing!!!! Yes, be excited! :)

Emby said...

That's great news! So excited for you!