Saturday, January 1, 2011

Welcome, 2011!

I realize that it's already after 9:30 in the evening, but I felt it was my duty to make a blog post on 1/1/11 seeing as I'm a numbers person and all.  Happy New Year, everyone!  May 2011 be the best year ever, bringing what your heart most desires.  I am not one to make resolutions because then I just get angry with myself when I don't end up keeping it.  But I do vow to be a better blogger this year than I was last year (though, I vastly improved over the year before).  I wanted to set a goal to post every day, but then I decided that might be too much pressure for me.  Perhaps I can't make one every single day, but I will make posts as frequently as I possibly can.  I would also like to be a better commentor.  I feel like I'm not NEARLY as supportive to others as you fine ladies are to me.  I definitely plan to do better in that area.

We didn't have any major plans for New Year's Eve.  We were invited to a party at my cousin's house (the one whose wife introduced me to J), but we politely declined.  J and I decided that we'd been through a lot this year and we'd like to end it with a quiet evening together.  I, of course, was still out of school for winter break, and J took off on Friday (the clinic was open a half day, and he made up his time in the other four days in the week).  We slept in--well, as much as Jax would let us--then took Jax to the track for his first big walk.  He was so adorable!  I forgot my camera, but I did snap a few pictures with J's phone.  I'll try to get him to send them to me so I can post them here.  He made it the entire 2 miles, too! After we showered and changed, we ran a couple of errands around home.  Then, we headed to the "big city" to have some lunch and go to the grocery.  We got home around 2:30 and took Jax outside to play.  He absolutely loves being outside.

For dinner, we made some appetizers--potato skins, mozzarella bites, pizza rolls, and a cheese-filled pretzel (I forgot the brand, but I had a coupon--and it was SO good!).  Yummy!  J decided that if we were having appetizers, Jax should have some too.  He fixed him a plate of dog treats (he had several kinds that people gave him for Christmas).  He must have overdone it, though, because he got sick at about 4:15 this morning.  Nothing major, though.  We watched a few episodes of season 3 of Mad M.en, played some Wii games, then watched some coverage from Times Square.  Jax pooped out on us around 8:00, but we woke him up at midnight so we could kiss him and wish him happy new year.  Shortly after, we went to sleep ourselves.

This morning, we slept in.  I even went back to bed in between feeding Jax and taking him outside.  I finally gave up and got up around 9:00 (I could not even tell you the last time I slept in that late.)  J slept even later, which is unusual for him lately.  I kept asking if he was feeling okay, but he insisted that he was.  We had a lazy day around the house.  We watched a few more episodes of Mad M.en, ate lunch, and tried to watch a bit more.  However, we both found ourselves fighting sleep--and Jax lost his fight--so we took a nice long nap.  I can honestly say that we've accomplished absolutely nothing today.  I did take a shower--mostly for the sake of cleanliness.  We've finished season 3 of our show, now, and Jax is napping again. 

I realize that these details are probably quite boring to most of you.  Who cares what I did all day?  But in the next few days, people are going to ask me what I did for New Year's.  I'll replay the scenes I just described.  And most will likely tell me I'd have had a better time at the party.  But I'll be able to revisit this post and be reminded of why I had a better time than they did.

To all of my blogger buddies, I sincerely hope that 2011 brings you all you could ever hope for.  May God bless each and every one of you.

Hugs and love,

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like DH and I's NYE. Wonderful :) Happy New Year to you.