Wednesday, January 26, 2011

More snow and an Award!

Well, it's Wednesday and it has snowed yet again.  We're never going to get out of school this year!  Ah, well.  Not much I can do about the weather.  So, I figured while I'm couped up here in the house is the perfect time to post my second ever blog award! 

Thanks so much, again, to Browniris at The (In)fertility Diaries for nominating me for this award!





The rules for accepting this award are:

1. Thank and link back to the person who awarded you the award.

2. Share 7 things about yourself.

3. Award 15 other bloggers.

4. Contact these bloggers and tell them about the award.


Here are seven things about me:

1.  I cannot stand raw meat.  I don't want to touch it, I don't want to smell it, and I MUST scrub the counter down after there has been any near it.  If I must manipulate it in any way (such as making a hamburger patty out of beef or simply transferring it from the package to a pan), I either find some disposable gloves to wear or I use plastice wrap to touch the meat with.  J makes fun of me, but he won't get sick from cross-contamination on my watch!

2.  I love, Love, LOVE to plan things.  I like to iron out little details and make lists and keep things all organized.  I thoroughly enjoyed planning our wedding 4 years ago.  If it weren't for having to make phonecalls, I'd have considered wedding planning as a career!

3.  I'm trying to blog every single day this year.  When I started my blog in 2009, it was slow going.  I got better in 2010, but a fellow-blogger decided to try it again this year (she actually did it in 2009) and challenged others to do the same. 

4.  I live within 10 miles of the house I grew up in.  Until I built my house in 2005, I had never moved (except bedrooms when I was 4).

5.  I pay all of my bills online--I've been using the same roll of stamps for about 3 years now.  (My condolences to the U.S. Postal Service. I still appreciate all you do!)

6.  In connection with the second half of number 5, I love getting the mail.  When I still lived with my parents, I would beg my mom to let me get the mail every day during the summer.  I still have the first piece of mail I received after I moved into this house, too.  Never mind that it was addressed to Resident...

7.  I have a quirky sense of humor.  I especially love watching comedies with my brother because his sense of humor is pretty much like mine.  There are tons of moments when we are the only two laughing.  Last week, when he and my parents came over for my mom's birthday, we watched The So.cial Net.work.  There were several lines in the movie that we found hilarious, but apparently no one else did.  At one point, I even asked if they were watching the same movie that we were.

I'd like to share this award with:

Samantha
A wife and a teacher
Emby
Alena
Steph O.
Wishing4One
Allison
Awaiting Our Miracle
Calmly Chaotic
Misty
Christina
Julie
Bobbi
Jayme
Jess

Hugs and love,

9 comments:

Ashley said...

Thank you so much for the award Angie!

Funny about the raw meat... I used to not go near it but I am getting slightly better. I still use tongs but at least now I go near it!

Wishing 4 One said...

I love to plan and organize and I too used to pay all my bills online when i was in the US. Now here in Cairo we pay bills in person or they come and collect at your home, LOL. Stamps not an issue as mail is non-existent. Great to read about you today.

Jessica said...

Thank you so much!

~Jess

A Wife and a Teacher said...

Thank you for the award!

We are also out of school today. This is snow day number 8 for us :-( I am ready for spring!

Unknown said...

Thank you for the award, Angie! :) How exciting! I hope I'm not the only one confused though - I didn't see a taggy or anything to post? This is only the second time this has happened to me, so maybe I'm just missing something, sorry... *confused*

I am SO WITH YOU on the raw meat thing - I absolutely HATE it!! I make my husband smell it if I'm not sure it's still good, because I could smell something right off the cow and be confident that it MUST be rotten - GROSS!! Nick likes to laugh at me if it touches me, though - I scream and have to wash my hands and arms, and I even changed my shirt once because it "might" have touched the hem. :P

Unknown said...

Nevermind about my question - I found the image on BrownIris' blog :P Thank you again, Angie, you're a sweety! :)

~*JaYmE*~ said...

Thank you for the award! I hope to get to it soon. Lives been... a bit crazy =)

Emby said...

Thanks Angie! It was fun to read more about you in this post! I will do my post soon! I'll let you know when I do. Take care and stay warm!

Awaiting our miracle said...

Thanks so much for the award and your lovely comments on my blog. I will post about my award soon. Thanks, Kim.