Tuesday, January 4, 2011

A little birdie told J...

...that I would like this necklace for Christmas.  I know I fall far behind some of you wonderful ladies in the ranks of dealing with m/c, but I certainly wanted to do something to remember our angel.  The problem?  I'm cheap.  I don't like to spend a lot of money on myself (well, aside from the IVF, of course, but that's different).  You see, I'm bereaved on a budget.  :-)  (Lame, I know.  Smile with me now.) 

I found this piece quite fitting--it is called "Motherly Love."  Its design is the mother and child symbol, and it is encased in a teardrop (even if they do call it a pear) shape to represent all the tears that were shed.  The thing is, I still hold out hope that I will be a mother.  If that time comes, this piece will be able to serve a dual purpose.  Sure, I may get questioning looks now, if people really notice what it is.  I can deal with that.  If they ask, I'll tell them. 

Oh, and it certainly didn't hurt any that it was on sale for $59.99 and we had a 30% off coupon!  I was quite pleased to find it in my stocking on Christmas morning.   (Especially since it's no longer available!)

Hugs and love,

2 comments:

Lindsay said...

It is just beautiful and I think a perfect way to symbolize your love and loss. Smart birdie.

M said...

That is a beautiful necklace. What a lovely symbol.