Can you plan a transfer during spring break? I know this is tough on you especially with having the responsibility of a classroom on your hands. If you did do a transfer now can you schedule all your appointments late in the day so that you only have a sub for the last few hours of school?
I hope you are able to find an answer that fits.
We actually spoke to our doctor about planning a transfer during spring break. The simple answer is yes, we can. But there are a couple of issues with doing this.For one thing, if we did this we would have to forgo using a natural cycle. If we were to do a medicated FET cycle, she can plan the transfer for whenever we need it to be. While we are not opposed to a medicated cycle, we decided that at this point we're more concerned with cutting costs than saving sick days. The other issue I have with spring break is that I can't count on it. Our school district is notorious for shaving days off of the scheduled spring break to make up for snow days. I just know that as soon as I plan something for that time, they'll take the days away and I'll end up having to use sick time anyway.
Dr. W did assure me that I will be able to schedule my monitoring appointments in the afternoon so I can get by with taking a half-day off work rather than missing whole days. The good news about this, too, is that there aren't nearly as many monitoring appointments required. From the looks of the sample calendar I received last week, there are only about 3 before the transfer (unless more u/s are required to catch the dominant follicle). Of course, I figure my body will not cooperate and will need more than the norm, but it's a lot less stressful on the body than all those medications.
Unless something happens to change our mind, I think we're going to shoot for March. I guess we'll see.
Hugs and love,









1 comments:
Making decisions is so hard. I think you should plan it during a time of low stress. But, that's my humble opinion. Good luck. Take care.
Post a Comment