Saturday, January 15, 2011

Ouch!

I think I'm having a bout with gout.  Well, that's what my mom "diagnosed" it as.  I've had this problem before.  It starts out feeling like my foot is going to cramp up but it never does.  It just progressively gets worse and worse until I can barely walk for a day or two.  Then it just gets better.  My mom is convinced that it's gout.  But from all the research I've done, gout typically  is more common in males, postmenopausal women, and people who drink alcohol.  I don't fit any of those descriptions.  Go figure!  Leave it to my body to do something out of the ordinary.  *sigh*

Yesterday, I noticed the beginnings of it by the end of the school day and it only got worse by the time we went to bed last night.  This morning, I could barely walk--well, I can walk, but I look a bit like Amos McCoy (from the old TV show The Real McCoys, in case you didn't get that reference).  I had terrible trouble putting my shoe on, and I'm afraid I embarrassed J while we were running our errands.  I did notice he left me in the car at a couple of places, which I appreciated--truly--but I can't help but wonder if it was for his own sake as much as mine.  Oh, well.  At least it's the weekend and not a workday for me.  I'd hate to have to hobble around school like this.

Hope you're having a terrific weekend.

Hugs and love,

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ouch. My husband has psuedogout and it sounds a lot like what you have. And his sister has it as well (and she doesn't "fit" into those categories). I would see you doctor and ask him about Naproxen, it works like a dream for McRuger and his sis. I hope you feel better soon!