Friday, January 21, 2011

Time for a Change

I've been toying with the idea of changing my hairstyle for quite some time now.  You can ask my hairdresser.  For about the past 6 haircuts, when she'd ask me if we were just trimming as I sat down in her chair, my response was, "I guess.  I'd like to do something different, but I don't know what it would be."  So, she'd give me a little trim and send me on my way. 

Now, my hair grows super fast.  J doesn't believe it, but I can tell a difference in my ponytail within about a week of a trim.  (By the way, my hairdresser agrees that my hair grows fast.  I didn't just make it up.)  Well, I guess new hairstyles are bound to happen when you have a snow day on the same day as your next haircut.  I spent the better part of 2 hours yesterday search the Internet for pictures of cute shorter cuts.  Just for the record, though, I had a hard time finding pictures of non-celebrity styles or *ahem* wild hairdos.  I teach 10 year old children.  I do NOT need spiky hair that is asymmetrical in nature and five different colors.  (No offense if yours does this.  I'm sure it looks quite lovely on you.)  Nor am I interested in how a hairstyle looks on someone who has a person to fix it for them every darn day.  I want to see what it looks like on a regular person.  Like me!

So, I finally find a picture that I kind of like (albeit I'd have to keep my bangs--my forehead is too high to not have bangs) and I sent it to J asking for his opinion.  I wasn't going to do this if he thought it would look dumb on me.  He didn't, and so I took my I.pod with me so I could show her the picture if I got up my nerve.  Big mistake!  J was getting his hair cut, too.  I made him go first so I'd have some extra time to decide.  When it was finally my turn, I took my ponytail holder out and sat down.  Before she could get the cape snapped in place, J asked if I showed her the picture (knowing good and well I hadn't).  I dug it out of my pocket.  She said she really liked it.  So before I could change my mind, she whacked it all off.  She said we could go somewhere in between, but I told her to just do it before I lost my nerve.  Besides, my hair grows fast if I don't like it!

I was a little concerned at first because it will require me to actually fix it every single day, but that was actually one of the reasons I wanted it.  I'm tired of passing for a fifth grader.  I wanted a grown-up haircut!  I know you haven't seen too many pictures of me before, but here's one of the new 'do.  I'll try to scan my school picture from this year later on so you can see the difference.



It looked better yesterday when Emily (my hairdresser) fixed it, but I didn't think I did too bad for my first try.  I decided I look a bit like Peppermint Patty now, but J claims I don't.  Oh, well.  What's done is done.  And I think I might like it just fine.

Happy Friday, all!

Hugs and love,

6 comments:

Tanya said...

I think its cute!

elephantscanremember said...

I love it! It's an easy one to keep, isn't it?

Misty Dawn said...

Looks great! I do the same thing! I am so indecisive!

Kitty said...

I love it!! I had a similar style for a while and I really really liked it. It's very flattering on you and you don't look a thing like Peppermint Patty! LOL

Jenni said...

Love it!!!!

Emby said...

Your haircut is cute! I hope you enjoy the short "do"! Happy ICLW!