Saturday, September 4, 2010

Blog Challenge--Day 4

Day 4 - your favorite book


Another hard one.  (Did I even READ these tasks before I decided to accept this challenge?)  I have always been an avid reader.  In fact, when I was younger and my parents were punishing me for something, they'd send me to my room and tell me not to read. 

As a child, my favorite book was a golden book called The Tawny, Scrawny Lion.  My dad said he'd read it to me about 3 times a night before I'd fall asleep, and sometimes he'd try to turn two pages at once but I'd catch him every time.  I can't wait to get sick of reading a book over and over to my own children.

In late elementary school/middle school, I read the Babysitters Club series.  I think I owned every single book in the whole series.  I'd beg to go to the used bookstore to find the ones I didn't already have.  Now, since I teach 5th grade, my collection is on my classroom bookshelf for my students to enjoy.

Then came high school, and with it my next "all-time favorite" book:
I haven't read it in a very long time, but it remains one of my favorite books.

Right now I'm patiently waiting on the next installment in the Shopaholic series.  But my current favorite book is another one by the same author.  I bought it on a whim, just because we were going on a trip and I needed something new to take with me.  While this book wasn't new, it was new to me.  The saleslady told me that if I liked this book I'd have to come back and check out the Shopaholic series.  She was right.  These books are hilarious. 



Happy reading!

Hugs and baby dust,


3 comments:

elephantscanremember said...

"To Kill a Mockingbird" is a great book! It's one of my favorites too. Have you read "In Cold Blood" by Truman Capote? Hardly the same plot, but it's very well written.

Anonymous said...

I love TKAM!!! I adore it.

Kitty said...

I love To Kill a Mockingbird too! I need to read it again. And I too was an avid Babysitters Club fan :)