Wow. No one has ever asked me to tell a story “in great detail” before. I warn you: this could be a long post. I am a details-oriented kind of person.
We’re in the final stages of moving MIL in to our new addition and rearranging furniture from the original parts of our house, so my day was incredibly busy—but not too exciting.
It did start early, though. I woke up early (5:25) after going to bed late to take my temperature. (Ah, the life of an infertile…) I realize it’s probably pointless at this point, but since I did take Clo.mid this cycle for the Clo.mid Challenge Test, it’s not completely impossible that things could happen. But, I digress. I decided that I simply could not function on such little sleep, and, after quickly reviewing the dream I had just awakened from, I rolled back over and went back to sleep. For a little while. At 7:00, J got up because the Dire.cTV installers were supposed to be here at 8:00 and he had things to move to get ready for them.
I rolled out of bed ten minutes later to help. I really, really, really wanted to stay in bed, but I also didn’t want them to see my house in a mess. I helped J move some things—they TV and entertainment center from the living room to the family room (bad idea…my back hurts now), and straightened up the bedroom and kitchen. No, we aren’t putting satellite service in the kitchen, but I can’t stand for people to see dirty dishes in my sink. Between work and our revival, there hasn’t been much time for dishes this week.
So, as we’re getting those things close to finished, the phone rings. They won’t be here until 8:30. Good. I’ve got a few extra minutes to get those dishes put away. Still didn’t get the laundry folded. No problem. Just put it in the bathroom and close the door. I hopped in for a quick shower and dabbed a bit of makeup on (so as not to scare anyone) and I was good to go. With nothing major left to do for the time being (I didn’t want to be in the middle of something big and have to stop), I plopped down on the couch to read for a bit.
At around 9:00, J tells me that when they get finished, we’re going to try to move one of his computers (we’ve got enough to supply a small private school with one per classroom) to the family room. (You see, we’re hoping the office will have a greater need in the not-so-distant future, and we’re trying to clear as much stuff out of it as possible. How’s that for optimism?) I had already told him that we needed to borrow the furniture sliders from my mom when we got ready to do that, and I asked if he wanted me to go get them. Problem is, mom’s out of town and not due back until this afternoon. So, I called her cell phone to ask if we could borrow them and where they were. She gave me a brief explanation (she couldn’t talk—her baby was driving in a big city), and sent me on my way.
Apparently I’ve been cranky the last couple of days. Wonder why? J recommended that I stop by the Dai.ry Qu.een to get a biscuit while I was out. He didn’t have to twist my arm. I never turn down a biscuit. The trouble is, it’s kind of a crap-shoot as to whether or not you’ll get a good one—one that’s fresh, hot, and delicious—or one that’s been sitting there for a while and gotten hard. (Incidentally, I got a good one today. I won’t say it was better than any I’ve ever had, but definitely just as good. I knew you’d want to know.)
Mom called back while I was sitting in the drive-thru (they were super-duper slow today) and said she could talk now and was I there yet. I just said that I was almost there (she doesn’t need to know everything). She asked me to call her to let her know that I found them (or didn’t). I inched up in the drive-thru one car-length. She called again to remind me to get something else that she’d borrowed but still had in her garage in case we needed it during the move. But she couldn’t tell me exactly where it was, and why aren’t you there yet? I haughtily explained that J sent me for a biscuit and they were taking their sweet time getting it ready.
I found both items without any problems and was soon headed home. Next hurdle: trying to get the computer desk through the door. It’s been done before—when we got married and J moved it into the house—but apparently it didn’t just slide through the door. So, we had to do some thinking. And clean the sucker off completely, which we tried to avoid in the beginning.
Finally, we got it turned on its side and through the doorways to its new home in the family room. I read a bit more, ate a sandwich for lunch, fought the urge to take a nap, etc. The Dire.cTV guy is STILL here (apparently there’s some trouble), and I decided to fulfill my ICLW duties for the day. So I blogged for a bit while waiting…waiting…waiting…waiting patiently to go to town to take back some curtain rods (I bout the wrong kind), shop for a new mattress (MIL gave away the one we were going to put in the new guest room), and get groceries for the week. As it is now, we won’t get all of that done before church. I see a shortened trip to Nana’s house in store for us tomorrow!
Around 3:40, J decided that we weren’t going to make it to town and that I should just go get the few errands done that I could do by myself (Wal.Mart, the drugstore, and the grocery) and we’d go get a new mattress tomorrow (see, I told you!). I huffed off—I just hate to feel rushed all the time. I stopped by the drugstore first to leave my prescriptions to be filled for the beginning of our upcoming IVF cycle (BCP and Z.pack) I found it rather ironic that the 24-hour pharmacy is closing at 8:00 tonight until 8:00 in the morning. Hmm. (Oh, but for our convenience, there is another 24-hour pharmacy of the same franchise in a town 30 miles away. I don’t know about you, but that’s not too convenient for me.) It was going to take several minutes (like 15 or 20) so I told them I’d just come back by later. When I got to Wal.Mart, I parked and was nearly to the door when I realized I’d left the curtain rods in the car that I needed to return. Grr. I begrudgingly turned around and headed back to the car to retrieve my previous purchases. At least there was nobody in line. I made my return and picked up some essentials (deodorant, flossers, bread, bananas) and some items I had nearly-expired coupons for (ink pens, lunch stuff) and headed to the checkout. Next dilemma? I found a “short” line with only one lady in front of me and she was already checking out. I noticed the cashier was giving her a total amount, but there was still lots of stuff on the conveyor belt. I just assumed the lady in front of me was buying it for someone else and needed to ring it up separately. After completing the transaction, the cashier asked her if these were her things, too. When she said they weren’t, she asked me if they were mine. They weren’t. Then they both recalled seeing an older man put them there, but then he left. So we had to move all of that stuff before she could check me out. We all helped, so it didn’t take too long. But still, who does that?
A quick stop by the drugstore later, I was headed to the grocery store. I got everything on my list (and nothing more) and lucked out with an empty checkout line. Then I picked up some dinner on my way home (I was in a hurry, remember?). I arrived back home at 6:15 and had to unload/put away groceries, eat dinner, and change clothes before church at 7:00. For a split second, I considered not going, but that would not have been a very Christian thing to do. Instead, I sucked it up, inhaled my dinner, and managed to get out the door only a couple of minutes later than I usually leave.
Now, I’m drinking some water and finishing up this blog post while J tinkers with his computer. It’s past my bedtime and my eyelids are getting heavy. I think it’s about time to brush my teeth and head to bed.
Told you you shouldn’t have asked me to detail my day!









3 comments:
Phew, I'm tired just reading about your day!
Best wishes on your IVF cycle!
ICLW
Just reading it makes me want a nap!
Good luck on the IVF cycle!
ICLW
Good luck on the IVF, and btw, there's an award waiting for you on my Blog :)
Post a Comment