Friday, September 24, 2010

Blog Challenge -- Day 24

Day 24 - where you live

Where I live....let's see.  Where do I begin?  I live in a small town in KY, and I have my entire life.  We don't even have a stoplight in our county.  The nearest hospital is in the next county over, along with the mall, tons of restaurants, and the university where I earned my Bachelor's and Master's degrees.


We (people from my "neck of the woods") are often the butt of jokes, and it's incredibly unfair to group all people from the same dot on a map into the same characteristic persona.  Sure, you'll find a few people from all walks of life in our tiny community, but among them you'll find some of the best people on earth; people who'd give you the shirts off their backs without giving it a second thought.  People who see a neighbor in need and  do not hesitate to offer their help, their food, their supplies, and their prayers. 

Yes, I come from smalltown, U.S.A.  And I wouldn't have it any other way.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I grew up in a very small town and I LOVE THEM!!! This is a great post! Keep them coming.

Kitty said...

Of course there are some of the best people on earth in your town, YOU live there! :)

Hillary said...

You make me want to live in a small town :)

All the best to you on your IVF cycle coming up! I'll hopefully be doing IVF #3 in October, too.

ICLW

Anonymous said...

I grew up in small town, usa and wouldn't have it any other way either! happy iclw!