I have a deep appreciation for art. I really do. Probably because I am not artistic at all! I can arrange flowers, I can put colors together, and I can color inside the lines; but when it comes to drawing or painting (other than walls) or sculpting, I'm a lost cause. I wish I could just go sit on the hillside and draw what I see. I envy people who can.
Nevertheless, the piece I have chosen to share is more or less a piece of "fluff" art; that is, true art gurus who frequent museums and galleries would probably argue with me that it is not "real" art. But I think art is in the eye of the beholder (and you thought it was beauty, didn't you?), so humor me for a moment.
Since the first time I saw one, I have been fascinated by pictures like this:
A photomosaic is a picture (usually a photograph) that has been divided into (usually equal sized) rectangular sections, each of which is replaced with another photograph of appropriate average color. When viewed at low magnifications, the individual pixels appear as the primary image, while close examination reveals that the image is in fact made up of many hundreds or thousands of smaller images
Isn't that cool? They really are neat to look at up close to see the different images, and far away so that it looks like the "big picture."









0 comments:
Post a Comment