I am completely overwhelmed by the outpouring of love and support I have witnessed today. I told J last night when I blogged that I went ahead and "spat it all out" because weekends were usually a slow time for comments and maybe I wouldn't burden too many people with my troubles. Wow. I am simply amazed by the number of people I've never even "met" who are offering their prayers, hugs, and love. Thank you hardly seems adequate, but it's about all I can muster at the time.
Also, extra thanks to Allison and Krista who sent some of you my way. It means a lot to me that you cared enough to "send in the troops." None of you will ever know what your support means to me during this especially trying time. Not too many IRL friends and family members even knew yet. We were saving that secret for Mother's Day next week.
It's been a tough day. I guess it's all sinking in. I was doing pretty well at keeping it all together, with only a few bouts of tears as we ran our usual Saturday errands. But on the way home, I checked my email on my phone and saw that I had (at the time) 26 comments on my blog post from yesterday. As I read them, I just cried harder. I talked to J about how amazing this very special group of ladies in the blogosphere really are. We may all be strangers, but our adversities have given us a bond that is simply incredible.
To answer a question (I'm so sorry, but I don't remember who asked), yes, my doctor will perform one more ultrasound before we go through with the D & C so we can see for ourselves that there is no longer a heart beating. Also, E, my husband tried to ask the doctor yesterday if there could be some issue with me that would cause this to happen (such as a clotting disorder or something--he didn't know what to ask for, just if there could be some cause). I am not sure the doctor completely understood his question, and I was too numb to think of words to help him with it, and we really didn't get much of an answer. We will ask again, though. Perhaps that will be some testing we pursue in time.
I love you all, and I'm sorry if I made you sad on your weekend. But please know that your love, prayers, and support are greatly appreciated. In time, I will try to visit each of your blogs to let you know, personally, just how much.
Hugs and love,
Saturday, April 30, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)









10 comments:
This is such a great community of women. So many of us are thinking of you today. Sending you lots of virtual XOXO...... take care of yourself, sweetie.
I am so, so sorry for your loss. I had a missed miscarriage at 11 weeks 5 days a couple weeks ago and I am so incredibly sorry you have to got through this. Sending you hugs and prayers during this difficult time.
xo
I have been thinking about you all day. I just feel horrible. I have been there and I know how much this hurts.
I would push for extensive recurrent pregnancy loss testing. When I went for mine they drew over 13 vials of blood plus I had more when I went to the RE. There is a whole lot they can test for. Don't let them tell you you don't need it.
Super hugs.
I just read your story and found you via mac and pc...I am so sorry for your loss. Wishing and sending you strength and hugs...
(((HUGS)))) Honey, don't you dare apologize for anything. Been praying for you and thinking about you all day.
So sorry sweetie. SO man of the blogs I follow sent me here - I am glad this community exists so we can support each other. Take care.
This community is here through the ups and the downs and I'm so glad because this journey is full of so many of them. Thinking and praying for you.
Here from Jay's blog. I'm so very sorry for this news. We're all here with you.
I am visiting from Krista's blog, but am now a follower. I am so sorry for your loss and that you have to go through a D&C. I had one in Feb, so if you have any questions feel free to ask. You could ask about testing, but not sure if they would be able to find anything out. Again, I am so sorry you have to go through this.
I had an in-office D&C last May, and an in-hospital (outpatient) D&C in December.
I would encourage you to ask them to do genetic testing afterwards to see if there was a chromosomal issue that caused the loss. As others have mentioned, it can be helpful to know that there's a specific cause. (I was relieved to find out my missed miscarriages were both due to chromosomal issues -- it didn't make them suck any less, but it did relieve the feeling that I could have done something differently.)
*hugs*
Post a Comment