Monday, April 25, 2011

The Day after Easter

‘Twas the day after Easter


And all through my class

Not a student was sitting

Yet there was plenty of sass.

The homework was lost—

In their lockers, no doubt;

“I left mine at home!”

I even heard someone shout.

Chocolate bunnies and Peeps

And jelly beans, too…

When would the “sugar rush”

Finally be through?

I begged and I pleaded,

But still chaos ensued;

My room full of students

Was being quite rude.

They would not be still

or honor my wishes,

Save a few sweet exceptions

Who’ve, perhaps, found their niches.

By the end of the day,

I was frustrated and frazzled ;

And unappreciative

Of all of the hassles.

But I heard myself say

As they went to their buses,

“Keep your sugar at home.

Tomorrow, Mrs. Angie fusses!”

2 comments:

Morgan Owens said...

Haha that's cute! I'm sure the sugar filled kids weren't though! :)

Suzanna said...

That's hilarious! I'm glad you survived the day!