Now, though...I'm feeling my way blindly through this. Sure, there are resources out there. There are books, websites, and forums. The whole nine yards. But it all seems so nonchalant. Like getting to this point was no big deal. But for us infertiles, it is a VERY big deal. Yeah, I use those resources because they are the ones that are available; but I sort of feel like a fake. Like I don't belong.
Does anybody know of any books or other resources specifically for pregnancy after infertility?
Oh, and as promised yesterday, here's a sneak peek at our little peanut. The tech apologized for not being able to get a good shot without the yolk sac (a.k.a. space helmet--that's what we decided it looked like), but I'll take what I can get. I saw that little flicker--the most precious thing I've seen so far--and that put my mind at ease.
As far as symptoms go, I'm feeling pretty good most of the time. I've had a few bouts with lightheadedness, as well as some nausea (mostly after I've eaten). My boobs are incredibly sore, though, and have been for a while now. I've been sleeping in a sports bra, and that seems to help at night--especially when turning over in bed. As a teacher, I've always been very good at holding my urine. Not so much anymore. And it seems like I feel as if I need to go 5 minutes after I've been. I'm hoping this doesn't become an issue at work, since I can't just go whenever I want. I can't seem to get enough sleep. I did make it through Amer.ican Id.ol this week, but it's the first time in about 3 weeks. And it's about the only show I managed to stay awake for. Also, I've become quite the scatterbrain. That's probably driving me crazy more than anything else. The other symptoms, I expected. I even looked forward to them because I knew they would mean something good was happening inside my body. But I can't stand being so forgetful! J says I'd better get used to it.
Please know that I'm not complaining about any of this (well, maybe the scatterbrained part). I just wanted to document it in case I need to know later. Oh, and by the way, it's 10:00 and I'm still up! (Nevermind that I slept until almost 9:30 this morning and had a 1 1/2 hour nap this afternoon.)
Hope your weekend is going splendidly!
Hugs and love,










5 comments:
I think it's neat to see the yolk sac. I always think it looks like the baby is holding a balloon ;) Oh and the fatigue! Nap, nap and nap some more!! You need it!
I love your peanut, what a cutie!! All of your symptoms are a good sign and I hope that they don't make you feel bad, just reassured that good things are happening.. :)
Sleep away! And pee when you need to, because that doesn't let up until sometime in the second tri (and by 'let up,' I mean every half hour instead of every 10 minutes). Maybe give the kids a pop quiz to keep 'em busy for 5 minutes while you sneak out. LOL
The pic is priceless. :) So happy for you, Angie!
Thank you for sharing the u/s pic! Little peanut looks cute as a button already :)
Beautiful little peanut you have there! :) You make me very grateful I have a job where I can pee whenever I need to. LOL! Glad everything is coming along swimmingly. Looking forward to Thursday's ultrasound report! :)
Post a Comment