Friday, April 8, 2011

Frugal Friday--My new Favorite Game

Happy Friday, all!  I decided to try something new today.  I posted a little while ago about some really good deals I got while doing my weekly shopping.  I've always loved couponing, but we had a Homemakers' lesson on it recently, and I've been literally addicted ever since.  I can hardly wait for Sunday afternoon when I can peruse the sale ads and match them up with coupons to get the best deals on things we need or use regularly.

Since the beginning of 2011, I have a new favorite game, too.  I like to call it "Let's-see-how-many-good-deals-I-can-get-while-raking-in-the-most-possible-ExtraCare-Bucks" at C.V.S.  Here's what I managed to get this week:


In case you can't tell what all is in this picture, here's a run-down:
1.)  Tide 100 oz.  (one is a 52-load original with bleach alternative and the other is a Febreze April scent 60 load) -- $10.99 each, and I had a $0.35 coupon for one of them*
2.)  Gille.tte body wash--18 oz. each (2) $3.99 each, with coupon BOGO
3.)  Right Guard body wash on sale for $3.88 (Got back $3.00 in ECB)
4.)  Auss.ie 3 minute miracle (2) on sale for 2/$5.49 with $1.00 off coupon*
5.)  Gold Bond moisturizing body wash on sale for $5.88 - $2.00 coupon (Got back $3.00 in ECB)
6.)  Dawn hand care dishwashing liquid (4) $0.99 each - coupon $0.25*
7.)  Oral-B Cross Action toothbrush on sale for $2.99 - $2.00 coupon (Got back $0.99 ECB)
8.)  Softsoap body wash (3) on sale for 3/$9 - $0.75 coupon (Got back $3.00 ECB)
9.)  Cover.Girl Simply Ageless primer $15.99
10.) Cover.Girl Simply Ageless makeup $7.89 (CG on sale BOGO1/2) - coupon $5.00 off 2
* These items went toward earning a $10 ECB certificate

Total Retail of shopping trip: $121.42 (plus tax)**

Total coupons used (including $10.50 in ECB & a $4 off $20): $29.84

Total spent out of pocket: $60.03 (including tax)

Extra Care Bucks earned toward next shopping trip: $19.99, so it's like getting all of this for $40!

I was quite pleased with myself.  **Of course, I would not have purchased these items at a drug store had they not been on sale, but still...I DID save some cash!

Did you find any good deals this week?

0 comments: