Saturday, April 2, 2011

Low-Key

Today's sort of a low-key kind of day.  We don't have any major plans.  It's likely that we'll have to take Jax to the v-e-t- later.  He keeps developing this spot of infection near his surgery site.  Per MIL's suggestion, we've been treating it with peroxide and triple antibiotic ointment (because we're too cheap to buy actual Neo.sporin).  But it keeps coming back.  This is the third time he's had it, so we thought it best to get it checked out.  Poor baby.

Then, we'll venture off to town to grab some lunch (we've got a coupon and it is splurge day, after all).  We have only a few small errands to run today, and we even planned enough groceries on our last trip to last us through Wednesday (we're going out of town for a couple of days at the end of the week), so our grocery trip will be quite short.  I only have to pick up a prescription and some treats for my school kiddos for a reward they've earned.  I'd really like to go to the bookstore, but J doesn't like it there.  He doesn't really like books.  Maybe I could have him drop me off and he could go someplace else for a little while.  We shall see...

After all that, I think it might be time for a nap.  Although, the weather is pretty nice here today.  Mr. Sunshine is out, and the temps are supposed to be in the mid-60s, which is MUCH better than the past 2 weeks.  Maybe a nice little stroll is in order. 

Hope you're all having a super Saturday!

Hugs and love,

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Poor Jax! :( Hope he heals up soon! Your hubby doesn't like books?? o.O

Steph said...

Poor Jax! I hope it heals soon. Someone once told me to only use peroxide for a day or two, after that it can start to kill off new skin growth. (and i use generic neo too, same dang thing with a much lower price!)

How could someone NOT like books? I'm totally confuzed.... ;)

Suzanna said...

My husband is the book lover. I get tired earlier than he does so every night while I'm falling asleep... he reads a book for about an hour. I enjoy books... but I've got to be in the mood to read one. lol.

I hope Jax got better quickly. It always makes me sad when my pets aren't doing well.