Thanks everyone for the birthday wishes! 31 is no worse than 30!
Okay, so I was going about my business today, teaching math--I think--when my classroom phone rang. It was from my OB/GYN's office. The conversation that ensued was quite strange, I'm sure, because I felt like I was speaking in code.
Me: Hello.
S: Is this Angela?
Me: Yes.
S: This is S at Dr. G.'s office. You have an appointment on June 2 for your annual exam, and we need to reschedule it because Dr. G. is going to be out of town.
Me: Yes, I got a letter stating that, but I actually have an appointment of - ahem- a different nature on Friday, and I was planning to wait and ask if I still need to reschedule that appointment.
S: Well, do you know when your last exam was?
Me: Yes, it was June 1.
S: Well, it will have to be after that for your insurance to pay for it.
Me: I'm aware of that, but I was going to wait until after Friday's appointment because I may not need the other one.
S: Okay, I guess. Have a good day.
Me: Thanks, you too.
*Click*
I couldn't exactly blurt it out in front of a room full of fifth graders, now could I? As soon as I hung up, I emailed J and had him go over and clarify for me so she wouldn't think I'm a loon. (He works across the hall.)
Oy.
Hugs and love,
Wednesday, April 13, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)









3 comments:
LOL! I hate the "speaking in code" phone calls. When my RE's office calls me at work I'm always trying to talk in code so the people in the cubes around me don't know what I am talking about!
How awkward is right!
How funny! I'm afraid I am going to have to tell my students (5th graders also) pretty soon. I am 11 weeks and have a little bit of a tummy already!!!!
Post a Comment