Thursday, April 7, 2011

6w0d

So, I don't know if you've noticed, but I've tried really hard to be sensitive to my dear blogger buddies by not talking about my new "status" non-stop.  Even though it's all I can think about 24/7.  I've decided to allow myself one day each week for "baby talk" unless, of course, there's something major that I feel a need to share.  After all, it is my blog.  For now, that post will be on Thursdays, since that is the day my weeks "roll over."  When I start having regular appointments, I will change the day to match the day of the week my appointments fall on if necessary.  If you feel the need to leave me (and I hope you won't), or skip a post, I totally understand.  It is my plan to remain as sensitive to others' feelings as I always have tried to be.

That being said, I'm finding it difficult to stay awake.  Like ever.  Last Sunday, I could barely hold my eyes open during church.  Afterward, my dad asked me if I was having a hard time and I responded, "You don't even know!"  As far as symptoms, I still feel pretty good most of the time.  I've had a few nasty bouts with nausea, but no actual sickness yet.  My boobs are sore, but they don't generally ache--I typically only notice on 3 occasions: 1.)  if I bump into something (ouch), 2.) the moment I take my bra off at night when getting ready for bed (Ouch), or 3.) if I roll over in bed (OUCH).  I bought a couple of sports bras to wear at night and that seems to be helping some.

I'm also having a hard time wrapping my brain around the fact that I'm on my way to crossing over.  It's funny.  We've spent the better part of the last 3 and a half years trying to get to this point.  Now that it's here, I don't quite know what to do.  I just want to tell all of you again how much I appreciate your support.  You don't know what it means to me to know that you're rooting for me.  Five years ago, I'd have said you were crazy if you'd told me I'd depend on the kindness of strangers to get me through some of the darkest days of my life.  I only hope I can be half as much support to you all as you've been to me.  I love you all, and I don't know what I'd do without you.

Hugs and love,

6 comments:

Krista said...

Angie- I did kinda notice you weren't talking about "the big news" very much. I was thinking....dang if I were in her shoes.....I don't think I'd stop talking, thinking, blogging, etc. about it for a second! Thanks for your sensitivity, but personally I am HAPPY to hear from you and all of your GOOD news! So glad things are going well. And, honestly hearing good things about you and your pregnany gives me the stregnth to keep fighting. :-)

Tanya said...

I agree with Krista, If I were in your shoes, I wouldn't be able to resist so much. I also appreciate your sensitivity, but realize that this may be the best time of your life and should be all about you and your bean. I am sooooo HAPPY for you and I can't wait to hear more about you and the next 8 months. I will never leave and actually wish there were more updates..strange as that may sound.

Misty Dawn said...

Its hard not talking about it, I've been there. There might be days I can't handle it but most days I'm fine. You won't be losing me ;) Its always exciting when an IF'r achieves their goal.

Kelly said...

Hey, it's your blog. If you want to talk about it, that's just ok. We're all here for you, pg post or not. :)

Erin said...

THis blog is about you and your life isn't it? rejoice!! ;)

Jacksmom said...

It is hard not to talk about it, and if I get pregnant again, I may have to try to be like you, but will likely have to compromise with myself and do 2 days a week (or more, let's be realistic). It is YOUR blog and you can say WHATEVER you want on it. This is an issue I ran into on my own blog, but it's yours, and yes, some people may not check in as often, but that's on them. If I can tell what a post is about from the title, sometimes I will skip over it too if I just can't handle it that day. Others can do that too, I say blog away with your "status" and Make your title clear! they can tell on their dashboard if they can handle it that day!