Remember all those snow days I posted about? Well, I didn't mention them all--ALL 16 of them. As a result, though, our school board voted to take 3 days of our spring break to use as make-up days. We made up one day on President's Day, we extended the school year by 2 weeks, and the teachers have to go 3 days without the students.
As soon as they announced this, J and I decided we wanted to get away for a long weekend (with the two days off for "spring break" and then the actual weekend). Even if we went someplace with nothing to do, we wanted to get away. We've had a stressful few months with a lot going on. We wanted to just relax someplace. Plus, we knew at that point we'd either be in a mood to celebrate or looking for alone time to mourn. So, we booked a little trip (incidentally, with my mom and brother).
Then, the superintendent decided that all staff members must report Thursday for one of the "G days." (I don't know what "G" stands for, but it's one of the three days without students.) The only way out is to take a personal day or a sick day with a doctor's note. I hesitated because I've missed so much this year, but J finally convinced me that I needed this break (and so did he, frankly). So, I took a personal day on Thursday.
As soon as I get home from school tomorrow, I'm picking up J from work and we're heading out of town. I can't wait to sleep late! Last night, I went to sleep shortly after dinner and slept all the way until bedtime. Then I got up, brushed my teeth, changed into my pajamas, and went to bed...and slept all night (except for about 15 minutes at 3:30--Jax threw up on the bed and I had to clean it up). Yet, I'd still have paid somebody money if they'd let me take a nap at around 8:00 this morning.
Ah, well. I need to go pack. Happy Tuesday, all!
Hugs and love,
Tuesday, April 5, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)









3 comments:
Enjoy yourself! Relax! It'll be good for you and the little peanut! As for the sleeping thing...I'm totally feeling you on that. It seems like no matter how much sleep you get, you still need more. :) That's so neat our sonos are the same day. Granted, you are a couple weeks ahead of me. I've already put on the calendar when 12 weeks is and I can breathe a little easier. First trimester sure is a worrisome trimester. Okay, enjoy your mini-vaca!
have a great trip!!! i am so happy for you.
Have a great trip! We had to go President's day too to make up for one of our snow days.
Isn't it CRAZY how tired you are!! I am 10 weeks and it is starting to get a little better...not much but a little!
Post a Comment