Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Torn Paper and a Worry

Jax has a new favorite hobby--chewing up paper.  He's quite good at it.  We no longer have an immediate need for a shredder.  He's not particular, either.  He'll chew up bills, magazines, insurance card...you leave it around, he'll shred it for you!  Free of charge, too.  Oh, he also does a pretty mean job of destroying flower arrangments...a few stems at a time.  You know, so it's not obvious (other than the mess it leaves all over the floor).   

At first, we thought he was mad at us for leaving him at home all day while we were at work.  MIL's theory is that he gets bored.  I don't know what it is, but I wish it would stop.  We're going to have to put him back in the mud room for a few days, I'm afraid.  Think he'll get the message?  He's even started chewing on his toy basket.  It's got holes on 3 of the 4 corners.  Grr...

Now, for the worry...(yes, it is PG related, so if you're not in the mood you might want to stop reading now).

My concern is that I don't have enough symptoms.  In the early days of TTC, I read everything I could find about early pregnancy symptoms.  I'm not one to typically be psychosomatic, but every now and then I'd have just sworn...well, I don't have to defend myself to you.  We've all been there, I'm sure.  Anyway, now that I actually am pregnant, I worry that I'm not feeling enough.  I have had some nausea, but no tossing my cookies.  The major thing I've been feeling for the past week is a constant urge to pee.  I feel like I could go at any time.  My boobs are still tender and sensitive--especially the nipples (sorry TMI).  And I'm scatter-brained as I don't know what these days.  I'm tired all the time, but my husband would argue that that's nothing new.

There hasn't been a thing to happen that makes me think something is wrong, I'd just like to have a few more symptoms.  I'll gladly make a mad dash to the restroom if it assures me that all is well.  I don't know what's wrong with me.  I guess I'm just trying to prepare myself for bad news at tomorrow's ultrasound.  Ya know, just in case. 

I guess I just need some reassurance.  Anybody else go on the light side of symptoms?  My mom never had morning sickness with me or my brother.  (She's pretty lucky that way.  She never gets headaches or had cramps with AF, either.)  I did somewhere that taking prenatal vitamins before pregnancy can reduce the odds of morning sickness.  (Maybe my 3+ years of taking them daily did some good after all.)  I don't know.  I just want to fast-forward so I can know all is well.

P.S.  There's something stinky in the garbage can.  I won't be opening the lid until somebody empties the garbage.  Talk about activating the gag reflex! 
Hope things are well with you all!

Hugs and love,

3 comments:

Erin said...

You might not have strong pregnancy symptoms in the beginning, and if you are lucky you will keep feeling good. Also sometimes symptoms can wax and wane.

MamaBiologist said...

I didn't have any symptoms other than exhaustion for more than a month. The morning sickness definitely took a long time to kick in. My mom never had any morning sickness either (I wish I had gotten that from her, because when it kicked in for me it was pretty constant until 14 weeks). I'm wishing you lots of good news at the ultrasound. Until then, don't stress! I think not having symptoms is very normal this early. Think about all the people who don't even know they're pregnant until a couple of months in.... It can't be that obvious most of the time. Even though it's a huge deal for those of us who go through so much to get pregnant, that doesn't mean your body is supposed to change in every possible way overnight. This is more normal than it feels at first. I'm rooting for you <3

Morgan Owens said...

I wouldn't worry about not being as sick, some women are just different and get REALLY sick- some don't. When it starts worrying you just think about your mom and how she had no symptoms either, and you AND your brother were just fine! :)
Can't wait to hear the U/S update tomorrow, I will say a prayer for you!