Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Pharmacy Vent

I have enough Lovenox to last through Sunday.  And, since it took me 3 trips to the pharmacy to get the entire amount the first time, I thought I'd call in my refill order with plenty of notice.  So, I called it in yesterday (along with another prescription I needed refilled).  The recording on the phone said my prescriptions would be ready after 1:00 today, which was fine because I didn't plan to pick them up until tomorrow when I go back to the doctor.
At 12:52 (yes, I notice weird stuff like that), the pharmacy called me to let me know that my insurance will only cover Lovenox for one filling at a regular pharmacy.  For any additional refills, I'll have to use a mail-order pharmacy at xxx-xxx-xxxx. 

Grr.

Seriously?  They didn't think to tell me this any of the three times I was picking up this drug before?

So, much to my chagrin, I called this numbe she gave me and the lady was very surprised that the pharmacy would call me without having sent over the information to them.  She took the info she could from me (address, phone number, insurance info), and said they'd have to call my doctor and the pharmacy to get the Rx info transferred to them.  It could take 24-48 hours before someone calls me back to schedule a delivery. 

Um, this would all be hunky-dory if it wasn't Christmas, for crying out loud!  So, I have no idea how much this is going to cost me now.  I should have known that $10 every 3 weeks was too good to be true!

On the bright side, mom came over and helped me the rest of my presents wrapped today.  That is finished!  (Well, except for our three "announcement" gifts, but I just can't bring myself to wrap those until at least after tomorrow's repeat beta.)

Hope your day's been terrific!

Hugs and love,

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Praying for an EXCELLENT beta tomm!!!

Do I Have to Be a D.I.N.K.? said...

Are you going to keep us waiting? I hope you got good news today!