So, I am a bad, bad, blogger buddy. I haven't been commenting much lately...I have several awards that I am so grateful for yet have not yet posted...I am so, so sorry. But the good news is there is only 1 more school day before Christmas break. The bad news is we're going on a field trip, so it won't be very "restful." (I spend the entire time counting kids to make sure I haven't lost anybody.)
Since we're going to be gone tomorrow, we did our gifts and "party" today. We have a reward party at the end of each grading period. We just combined this one with our Christmas festivities. I had a nice little meltdown during ours...complete with tears. (I nearly had some of my kids in tears, too.) It just got to me when I found some of the gifts I had given one of my other classes in the garbage can after they left. So, my homeroom got a little speech before they got their presents.
Maybe I was being overly-sensitive. Maybe it was just the hormones talking. But I was raised to be appreciative of a gift regardless of whethe or not I actually liked it--it truly was the thought that counted. And if someone took the time to think of a gift for me and spend their money on it, you'd better believe I'm going to be appreciative of it.
I'm off my soap-box now.
On a different note, it's four more days until Beta. I don't know if Monday will EVER get here!
Hugs and love,
Thursday, December 15, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)









2 comments:
Sorry but what brats! Kids are just spoiled rotten these days. I would have kept that gift forever even if I didn't like it. Good luck Monday! You're right... it's like forever away!
How RUDE! People don't tend to teach their kids manners anymore. *hugs* I hope homeroom listened well to your speech so they don't do that to anyone this year.
Post a Comment