Sunday, December 18, 2011

My OCD kicked in...

And in a MAJOR way yesterday.  I think that in a past life I must have worked in a distribution center.  I love to sort things (anything...products for an order, my book order when it arrives at school each month, Skittles...), and I posted before about how I like to get out all of my medication supplies either at night for the next day or the next morning so that it's all ready to go.  Well, I've been pretty lazy with this lately, and it was really driving me nuts.  J has been coming to check on me when I go to do my Lovenox injections because they were taking me so long (because I draw up my PIO--and Estrogen when necessary--first).  Well, when we got back from our grocery trip yesterday, I was disgusted when I walked into the bedroom to find my big box o' meds all a mess.  From all the daily shuffling through it, I suppose.  I started re-organizing it when I had what I thought was a BRILLIANT idea.  They've sent me a bazillion alcohol wipes in these long skinny zip close bags.  I dug through my box (and my box from our fresh cycle) and managed to find 7 of them.  Then, I put blank address labels on each one and wrote out the days of the week on them.  (See where I'm going with this?)  Next, I sorted all of my supplies that I would need each day (for instance, I need more alcohol wipes, and extra guaze pad, 2 extra needles and an extra syringe on Tuesdays and Saturdays for the Estrogen injection), bagged it all up, and put them in the box that my sharps container came in.  Voila!  I'm ready to go for the next week.

This includes everything I need except the actual medication (because I'll need that each day).  It does, however, include my Lovenox injections since they are pre-filled syringes.  Genious or madness?  I don't know.  But it works for me!

(TRIGS)

In other news, a few of you have asked me if I will test.  I guess the correct answer to that would be no.  Because I already have.  Here's the skinny.   After my meltdown on Monday, I asked J when he thought we should test.  He said he was leaving that up to me.  We left it at that.  On Wednesday morning, I couldn't help but notice that we were 7 days past transfer.  Seven.  Our number.  So I took a deep breath, walked into the bathroom, and tested.  When I got out of the shower (a record-breaking short shower, I believe), I sauntered over to check the test, not really expecting to see anything.  But. I. did.  It was super-faint, but still there.  I thought.

I went about my usual morning routine.  I took Jax out, fed him breakfast, then had some myself.  As I was going back to the bedroom to dry my hair, J was finishing getting dressed.  I told him I'd been a "bad girl" and I needed him to go into the bathroom to see if he saw what I saw.  He did.  I tested again on Friday, Saturday, and this morning...to watch the line get darker (which it did).  Here's the progression of things:


I know the first two are really hard to see (they didn't photograph well no matter what I tried), but I promise there's a second line there.  The bottom one is this morning's. 

Since I had one digital test left (from last November's fresh cycle), I decided to take it.  It would just expire before I got to use it, anyway.  That's wasteful.  J thinks it's dumb...but you girls understand, right?

I dipped the test, replaced the cap, and placed it down on the back of the toilet as the hour glass began to flash. Results should be up within 3 minutes.  By the time I got back in there from rinsing out my *ahem* pee-catcher(?  I'm sure it has a "real name" but that's what I call it), this was already on the screen (it was less than a minute, I know):


So, now I guess there is nothing left to do but wait for numbers.  We're trying not to get excited yet, but it is so stinking hard!  I will say that I have never seen a line this dark this early before.  J and I have bet a stack of Cinna-stax pancakes at IHOP that they both took (he says yes, I say no).  Time will tell.  Won't know that for a few weeks.

There you have it.  You heard it here first.  I don't know what tomorrow holds, so today, I'm just going to be happy.

Hugs and love,

15 comments:

Do I Have to Be a D.I.N.K.? said...

YIPPY!!!!!! Totally doing the happy dance for you! This is so wonderful!!! I can't wait to hear your beta numbers! I hope I will be prego with you!

Do I Have to Be a D.I.N.K.? said...

Oh...and there is no such thing as wasting a prenancy test when they are positive!!!!

Tanya said...

I am happy for you and I'm praying that the numbers will continue to grow! You and j are amazing and I really hope the best for you both.

JJ said...

Awesome! Congratulations!

E and R said...

YAY, YAY, YAY!!! I am so very happy for you guys! What a wonderful Christmas present - can't wait to hear how awesome your beta numbers are!!! :)

Angie said...

Congrats!!! Definitely can see the progression! Can't wait to hear your beta #!!!

~*JaYmE*~ said...

OMGOSH!! Congrats! Stick little beanie! What a wonderful Christmas gift. This is it! This is it! ~Fingers crossed!~ Gosh could Monday be any further away? I can't imagine how anxious you guys are!

thebabywife said...

Wow! Stick in there little bean! Good luck xxx

Anonymous said...

What a wonderful Christmas Blessing!!! So happy for you! Praying for a happy and healthy 9 months :)

Lyndz said...

Yay! I'm sending some sticky baby vibes your way! So exciting!

Samantha said...

CONGRATULATIONS!!!

Anonymous said...

Yay another prego buddy! There are so many of us that it worked for this month! CONGRATS! Can't wait for a beta update!

Jacksmom said...

This is the post I was waiting for!! Congrats! Can't wait to hear what your beta is!

MaryMargaret said...

Congratulations!! What awesome news. And the best Christmas gift ever!

Suzanna said...

!!!!YAY!!!! Looking forward to increasing numbers!