Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Four-Shot Tuesday and Lucky #7

**Before I start, please do not think I am ignoring your award if you have given me one this week.  I thought it would be a good post-transfer distraction, while we wait.*

Today is a four shot day.  Yep, that's right, folks.  Today, I get to take two lovely shots in the tummy and two big shots in the rear.  That's fun stuff right there.  Because I'm just a tad on the OCD side, I like to gather all of my materials either at night for the next day or in the morning for the evening.  Well, last night, when I was setting out all my "drug paraphernalia" for today's routine, I didn't think I'd EVER finish pulling things out of my big box o' syringes (cause let's face it...the drugs in that box cost a lot, but it's mostly filled with syringes).  Here's a picture of what my bathroom vanity looked like when I was finished and got it all lined up:


Here you have it.  My stash.  I can't imagine doing this for fun, though.  On the left is my very last Lu.pron syringe and the vial I've been drawing from for nearly a month.  Next to that is my newly added Lov.enox pre-filled syringe.  Started that one last night.  Boy, did it sting!  Never mind the clorox bottle--gotta have something to put those Lov.enox syringes in since they won't go through the opening of my sharps container.  In the center is my PIO syringe, injecting needle and vial.  And last but not least, the syringe, drawing needle, injecting needle and vial of estr.adiol val.erate.  Oh, and my alcohol swabs and gauze pads at the bottom.

J joked that he may apply for a job in the shot room at work when this is all over.  I told him that everybody needs a skill to fall back on. 

Now for Lucky #7 (or, how J knows this one's going to work). 

If you've read my blog for very long, you've likely seen me mention sevens.  J and I got married on 07/07/07.  So, 7 is kind of a lucky number for us.  When we first started talking about going ahead with this FET so soon after the last one failed, J said that he was sure it was going to work.  It's embryo number 7.  (We transferred one with our fresh cycle; FET #1 they thawed 3 to get 2 good ones to transfer, so that's 4.  For FET #2, they only had to thaw 2 to get 2 good ones--total of 6.  So, this time around will be number 7 and 8...) 

Oh, and tomorrow is the 7th. 

Hugs and love,

9 comments:

Liz said...

Good luck! Hoping everything goes well tomorrow. I was able to identify the familiar drugs but haven't ever seen Lovenox and I take oral estrogen. Hoping everything goes fantastic tomorrow!

Anonymous said...

I hope all goes well tomorrow! My fingers are crossed for you!

NV said...

That my dear is a good sign! Good luck tomorrow!

E and R said...

Hoping the luck of the 7's comes through for you this round!!

Sunflower said...

Good luck!!

MaryMargaret said...

That's a lot of shots! I'm keeping my fingers crossed that this is your round!

JJ said...

My goodness -- having never done IVF, I have no idea how you keep that all straight! Will be thinking of you tomorrow. I also gave you an award you can check out if you want to.

~*JaYmE*~ said...

Good luck! Sending you lots of luck & hugs. ~Fingers Crossed!~

Anonymous said...

I've found that Lovenox doesn't sting if you push the plunger in really super slow.