Wednesday, December 14, 2011

I found my black Sharpie!

What?  You didn't know it was missing?  Well, it was.  And it was a problem, let me tell you.  You see, I have a skinny black Sharpie marker that I use when writing out tags for Christmas presents.  However, on Sunday afternoon when I decided to tackle wrapping the pile of presents in the would-be nursery, I could not find my marker anywhere.  It was NOT in it's usual place--the pen cup--on top of my computer desk (I looked carefully through them all twice).  It wasn't placed on the desk.  It wasn't in J's pen cup, either.  I couldn't find it ANYWHERE.  So, I was forced to use a fat red one instead.

Which wasn't a good idea.  Especially on the little tags.  It was just too thick to write "Uncle J...... and Aunt Angie" on the From slot for the nieces and nephew (and I wrapped their gifts first).  I found a black pen and crossed my fingers that it would not smear.  It did a pretty good job, but it still wasn't my Sharpie.

Last night, as we were getting ready for bed and J was giving me my shot, I suddenly had a brainstorm.  I actually shouted, "I know where my Sharpie is!  It's in the bathroom cabinet!"  And I ran off to retrieve it.  Yep, there it was.  Right next to my pregnancy tests.  I remembered putting it in there last March when I was testing every day or two to watch the line get darker and needed to mark the date on the test.

So, I put it back where I found it for now.   At least I know where it is if I need it for gift wrapping.  Don't judge me...doesn't every infertile keep a Sharpie in the bathroom (for precisely the same reason)?

3 comments:

~*JaYmE*~ said...

Yep! I kept in the bathroom drawer next to my hair brushes. LOL. When is your BETA by the way? ~Fingers crossed!~

MaryMargaret said...

Lol- I have one under my bathroom sink. You HAVE to label your tests appropriately! If you don't it makes it very hard to stress and agonize over the darkness of the lines. Duh. :)

Suzanna said...

lol. I love Sharpies!