Monday, October 31, 2011

Randoms

* I've had a constant headache almost from the moment I took the first one last Friday. Grr.  Thankfully, it wasn't too bad today.  Just a little nag of a headache from this morning on.  Good thing...yesterday, I took a total of 4 Ale.ve and they didn't even phase it.  (I should have taken some of the good stuff I had from my D&C.) 

* I had a horrible time coming up with a costume for today.  I was going to recyle my little orphan Annie dress but couldn't find my wig.  Then, I thought about being an old woman since I was one in the dinner theater on Saturday, but someone asked to borrow that wig so I couldn't do that, either.  J said I should just go in regular clothes and tell people I'm an IVF patient if they ask about my costume.  I ended up wearing my Halloween scrubs and being a "nurse."  I offered to give everybody a shot.   I even told them how good I was at it.  They didn't seem to believe me.  Little did they know...  At least I was comfortable all day.  I think teachers should wear scrubs. 

*  Did I mention that I hate Halloween?  Especially Halloween on Monday.  I didn't even particularly like it as a kid.  I felt bad about going to people's houses just so they would give me candy.  I don't mind dressing up (or even making a fool of myself in front of my kiddos at school), and I really do enjoy seeing all the little ghosts and goblins and lady bugs and such.  But it makes the kids really wild...for a very long time.  Somehow, the parents of my students don't seem to limit their children's intake of candy per day like my parents did.

* I'm not allowed to volunteer for anything else between now and the end of the year (and hopefully most of next year, if you catch my drift).  J has forbidden it.  He thinks that between all of the extra stuff I had going on and stressing out over my stinking Spanish class, I had too much on my plate to properly relax during our last cycle. 

* This time last year, I was filled with hope, and I was just so SURE that this year I'd be planning a costume for our little munchkin.  I'm trying so hard to fill myself with that same hope for this cycle.  Think positively, Angie.  You can beat this.

I'd better go.  Gotta fill 3 special treat bags before the kids start knocking on the door.  Hope you have a Spook-tacular day!

Hugs and love,

1 comments:

MaryMargaret said...

I love that you were a nurse! Thank God your headache was better today. I'll keep my fingers crossed that we are BOTH picking out baby costumes next Halloween (and that we will monitor our children's candy intake...).