Saturday, October 22, 2011

Repeat Tests

This morning I got up way too early for a Saturday to go get my blood drawn before my niece's birthday party.  (They were in separate cities, each about the same distance from our house--in opposite directions.)  Only took 6 vials this time.  Once upon a time, that would have been a record.  Not so anymore. 

After the party, we stopped for some groceries and came home.  I had an envelope in the mail from the RE's office.  Inside, I found a copy of the requested bloodwork (that I had just had drawn), as well as a financial agreement + consent form + sample calendar for an FET (a medicated one...I'll be asking about this as our other 2 were natural).  Then, I noticed scribbled at the bottom of the sample calendar was a note from my nurse saying that Dr. W wants me to have (another) HSG done.  Great news!  Not.  I remember how horrible that test was. 

But not only does that mean that I have to experience this wonderful test again, but we could also miss our chance to try ONE MORE TIME before the end of the year.  The lab closes at some point in December for the holidays.  I'll have to find out when the cutoff is to begin a cycle (I distinctly remember them telling us last year that it was earlier than normal because they were doing some "deep cleaning" as part of their maintenance routine that is not done every year, so maybe it will be a little later this time.)  Bottom line?  If we don't get to try this again, we'll won't get to recoup any of our money via a tax refund.  Just kick me while I'm down. 

So, now I'm hoping AF cooperates so that I can get this stupid test done on Election Day and not have to take a day off work.  I guess I'm not that lucky.  AF never cooperated before, so I don't know why I should expect it to now.  I'd appreciate it if the wicked witch would just take a hike and leave me alone for several months.  Doesn't seem to be interested in that, either.

Okay, I'm settling down now.  Thanks for letting me vent.  I don't mean to be so whiny.  I just can't seem to catch a break.

Hugs and love,

1 comments:

Erin said...

Oh no! I had an HSG done and I wanted to scream it was so painful. You could always just tell him you don't want to do a second one? I don't see a reason for a second one anyway.