Saturday, October 1, 2011

Strike 3

I'm out.  After cramping all night long, I woke up this morning and tested just to ease my mind.  I don't like unpleasant surprises, and didn't want to hear it first hand on the phone Monday morning. 

**********MAJOR TMI WARNING**********
Ever since my last 24 hour urine test, I've used the "collection receptacle" they gave me when using hpts or opks.  It's much more convenient than the empty whipped topping bowl I used to use.  Well, when I stood up from the toilet this morning, it was filled with red liquid.  I knew instantly that I was wasting my time (and my hpt).  Sure enough, 10 minutes later, the test told me what my heart already knew. 

Yes, I'm sad.  But I'm thankful to have had another opportunity.  We do still have 4 embryos frozen and we will try again.  Someday.  I don't know when.  Right now, my brain says wait until summer break, but I don't know if I'll change my mind.  I hate missing so much school.  I really felt a lot more stress in preparing for those days this go around. 

I'm going to preface this by saying that I am about the least superstitious person in the world.  That being said, I should have known this wouldn't be IT for us.  It was our third try.  Threes have not been kind to us.  On our first cycle, it was our THIRD beta that told us we were having a biochemical pregnancy.  Our second cycle, our THIRD ultrasound revealed that the heartbeat had stopped.  It just wasn't in the cards this time.

I don't know what the next step is.  I still have to go to beta on Monday, but I know what it's going to say.  Maybe the RE can see us for a follow-up next week while we're in Nash.ville anyway.  That way, at least I wouldn't have to take anymore time off work.  Not this time.

Thank you all for your encouragement and kind words.  You mean more to me than you will ever know.

Hugs and love,

8 comments:

~*JaYmE*~ said...

((((HUGS)))) Dear... I'm so sorry. What about Christmas break? Do you get enough time off then to do another cycle?

Chrissie said...

So sorry. Wishing you a restful weekend and peace in your heart. x

Jessica Anne said...

I'm so sorry =( I hear you about the taking days off thing.... I took 17 days off of school last year! I felt like I made more sub plans than regular plans. Don't give up the fight! Those frozen babies are waiting for you.

A Wife and a Teacher said...

I am so sorry, sending you big (((HUGS))). I hate how hard it is for us teachers to take off work. I am stressing myself out trying to get ready for my long-term sub.

Erin said...

So sorry Angie. That really, really stinks. I hope you can find the time to do it sooner ;)

MaryMargaret said...

I'm so sorry- This stinks. Your body will tell you when you're ready, and those frozen embryos will be waiting for you! Lots of good vibes coming your way!

Emby said...

I am so sorry, Angie. I am thinking of you and saying prayers. It will happen...for both of us, some day.

Jacksmom said...

I'm so sorry. I know it's hard to plan when to do it again. They'll be waiting for you though when you're ready. Hang in there!